UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute interview on Campus. Then a 1 and half hour interview along with team activity at their location in Weehawken. Team activity just had us sit in a group and discuss a case and work together to come up with solutions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round of the interview was conducted on campus by one senior and one more junior employee. It took about 30 minutes. The second round of the interview was conducted at their offices in Stamford, CT and had several one on one interviews. This round of interviews took up most of the day.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions to see how well you know finance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Purely behavioral interviews. I received an email confirming first round. It lasted 30 minutes and had no technical questions. A week later received a call inviting me to Super Day. Super Day lasted 3 hours and consisted of 4 interviews with a total of 5 people. Each interview lasted only 30 minutes and had no technical component.

Interview Questions

• What are some trends you have noticed in the market as of late?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds in total
    First round on campus, interviews with 2 people 1-1, both associates, 30min each, no technical questions
    Second round at headquarter, also 2 interviews, with Executive Directors, fit question
    HR organized dinner before 2nd round interviews

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; what's your strength and weakness; standard interview questions   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at UBS in January 2015.

Interview

applied through school, first round phone interview with a trader, second round OCR, two back to back interviews. mostly standard questions, nothing unexpected. need to know if you wanna do trading or sales though.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions

• Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Two 1 on 1 interviews.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

On Campus Recruiting - 1 on campus interview and 1 superday

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail the last two transactions you analyzed.   Answer Question