UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

3.1

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

SHL testing process consisting of both a numerical reasoning test and a logical reasoning test.

I was then contacted a few weeks after completing these tests and called for a first round phone interview, reviewing basic competencies and technical knowledge of what is going on.

Following the phone interview then invited to an assessment centre. Email received a couple of hours after doing the interview.

AC consisted of redoing the numerical test, having to receive a certain score above a threshold. This was followed by a presentation on a company. Three interviews with Executive Directors followed this. Day finished with group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Brainteasers questions and multiplying large numbers in your head.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

i applied on line. Then i did an online assessment, it was quite challenging and the time is limited. after that i got an video interview, they were all behavior question.

Interview Questions

• What was your most significant contribution to your team or the firm in the last year? Tell me what you did and what made your performance outstanding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in early November and heard back from UBS about 3 weeks later. I was invited for a phone interview in Corporate Client Solutions (Investment banking). Some general competency questions asking how i demonstrate basic skills followed by some technical - how do you value a company, what problems are faced by companies under going mergers. I heard back a week later and found out I gad been rejected at this stage

Interview Questions

• What are some of the changes we have seen in banks since the financial crash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2014.

Interview

There was a campus visit/interview, then I applied online. A few weeks later, I got emailed for a short phone interview with two junior analysts, very casual. They mostly just asked about your resume and a few brainteasers. A week later, I got emailed about the Superday. The Superday consisted of three back-to-back 30 minute interviews (2 fit, 1 technical). The two fit interviews were by the MD and AD. The technical interview was two junior analysts.

Interview Questions

• $10 in depreciation - what happens to the three financial statements.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS in December 2012.

Interview

after applying online, I received a telephone interview. It was shorter than I had expected and only last 10-15 minutes or so. After this I went to the assessment centre in london where I had to complete a presentation after 30mins presentation, had a 1-on-1 interview and completed a group exercise on how Amazon should allocate their resources.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Was fast tracked to an accelerated Superday specifically for previous sophomore interns. Superday with 3 groups meant to focus on specific areas (technical, behavioral, etc). Last interview went 15 minutes over allotted time and I was grilled on technicals I did not know (coming from liberal arts school - had glanced over vault/WSJ before but they asked total tossups). Two of the interviews were group interviews with 2 interviewers. A couple of the interviewers were nice, the rest were not.

Interview Questions

• Your resume screams x, so why don't you want to go into x instead of banking?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I interviewed at UBS (Mumbai (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

There was a written exam quiet complex it had english as well as mant and economics.

Interview Questions

• Inflation rate calculation in the exam. I was not prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for a summer analyst position in the Equity Research Desk. After the online application and online tests (numerical & logical), I was invited to a first round phone interview with the HR. Questions were mostly competency based, including why UBS, why equity research, and also some market-based including what would you do if you had 1 million pounds. After a week, I found out I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest risk you took in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2017.

Interview

Firstly, there is an online apt test, which asks questions about the ways of handling problems.
    After passing the test, there will be a video interview invitation that lasts for around 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why UBS?
      Why Asset Management?