UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Weehawken, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Brief 30 minute interview on Campus. Then a 1 and half hour interview along with team activity at their location in Weehawken. Team activity just had us sit in a group and discuss a case and work together to come up with solutions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in early November and heard back from UBS about 3 weeks later. I was invited for a phone interview in Corporate Client Solutions (Investment banking). Some general competency questions asking how i demonstrate basic skills followed by some technical - how do you value a company, what problems are faced by companies under going mergers. I heard back a week later and found out I gad been rejected at this stage

Interview Questions

• What are some of the changes we have seen in banks since the financial crash?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by Assessment Centre a few days later. Phone interview was general competency and motivational questions, with some market awareness thrown in. Assessment Centre was a whole-day affair with the usual group exercises and interviews. Not very technical.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2016.

Interview

online application, automatically invited to complete a SQL numerical test and called back for a phone interview about two weeks afterwards (fit and competency based only - no discussion with the HR on the phone who only transcripts what you say). it lasted 35 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• -Why this programme?
      -What are your career goals? And then he asked more short term?
      -Important decision you had to take in the last 12 months
      -How do you plan your projects?
      -If you had $1M how would you invest?
      -Time you led a project?

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2015.

Interview

Online application, First round face-to-face interview, Superday (group discussion, apt test, individual presentation, individual interview)
    The apt test is a numerical test, similar to the one that was done in the first stage (online application).
    The individual presentation and group discussion are based on two different topics.
    For the presentation, basically about analyzing a firm by SWOT analysis and proposing a strategy.
    For the group discussion, its about how to allocate cost to different projects, and come up with a consensus which combination of plans is the best to go.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions in individual interview are behavioural based and related to CV.
      e.g. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake.

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

The first round of the interview was conducted on campus by one senior and one more junior employee. It took about 30 minutes. The second round of the interview was conducted at their offices in Stamford, CT and had several one on one interviews. This round of interviews took up most of the day.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions to see how well you know finance   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in December 2015.

Interview

HR phone call, typical questions about my CV, my decision to work for them, my choice of division, financial opinions. The interview lasted for 10mn, after which the interviewer told me she had no more questions; not rude but very robot-like; soft-skils based but I had to pass the multiple-choice questionnaire before: mainly percentage calculations, pretty standard and relative to other companies, rather easy.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

First step is the online application, including the online tests. The online tests were typical IB tests (numerical and logical). About a month later, a scripted phone interview focused on UBS core values. The final step was the assessment center: started with the individual case (cca 20min to prepare) and 5min case presentation in front of a single interviewer, followed by a 5min Q&A. Next step were 2 interviews - one commercial and one motivational; the content of these interviews depends much on the interviewer. Both of my interviews turned out to be motivational. Finally, finished off with a group case discussion in front of the interviewers and HR

Interview Questions

• Usual motivational: Why this position? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      From technical: Depends heavily on the person interviewing you / which team they are in

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

A 15 minute phone interview, followed by an Assessment day consisting of 3 interviews, a group exercise and an individual case study. you will also be asked to redo your online test before you can begin. Interviewers were friendly and tried to put you at ease.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

4 rounds in total. Mostly competency questions. AC consisted of numerical test, presentation and competency based interview. 1 interviewer was rather technical but it was not too difficult. As long as you are well prepared with regard to your convictions in wanting to work in UBS and the desk that you want to work it should be okay. Friendly interviewers, easy to talk to.