UBS Interview Questions in Switzerland | Glassdoor

UBS Interview Questions in Switzerland

Updated Jul 7, 2017

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Online application through their website (without any online test of any kind, just CV and cover letter) followed by a face-to-face interview with two employees of the relative department (no recruiter).

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a FRA is?
      Do you know what an IRS is?
      What is a pip?
      Tell me about a recent news you read.   Answer Question

Digital Community Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

First I was approached by HR to complete an assignment. After I passed the test, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I moved on to the third round which was a set of questions I had to answer. Hiring manager seemed nice during the call, but he did not even bother to reply my emails asking for feedback after I did not hear from him for 2 weeks after completing my 3rd task. I sent him two emails and have not heard back from anyone at UBS ever since. I had to login to my career profile to find out that I was rejected. Very disappointing experience after putting in quite an effort and passing 3 interview rounds.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 internviews with 2 other people . In total it lasted for app. 2 hours.
    first i introduced my self , in the following streants weaknesses , studies , why ubs , what did ı gain during my studies, previous internships . I had to answer some specfic question reletad to work as well

Interview Questions

• what are your strengts and weaknesses ?
      I had to answer some specfic question reletad to work as well   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The thoroughness, length and quality of interviews vary widely depending on team, division and whether the position is in the investment bank (formerly UBS Warburg) or the private bank / wealth management business (formerly UBS).

Typically one is screened for a base level of technical competence and early signs of team fit during the interview stage, with many hiring managers opting to build a true picture of the candidate during the early stages of employment / assignment instead.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in terms of your career and your approach to software engineering.   Answer Question

Associate Director, Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by two persons: head of the Region and Desk head. Both interviews together last for around 1.5 hrs. Both women were very friendly, first describing their business, bank and team goals.

Valuation Models Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2016.

Interview

One hour of phone interview with several technical questions including numerical method for PDE, c++ and option pricing. Then we interviewed on site for half day including pseudo c++ code test and option pricing questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS in May 2016.

Interview

Usually a personal and phone interview. Because I was abroad they combined the personal and phone interview. Was a conference call between London and Zurich office + me. Three persons in the line asking questions. Well organised - was clear what will happen and over all a great atmosphere.
    Afterwards the HR contacted me - had an interview with them too. Then some administrative stuff!
    Overall the main interview was a great experience but completely different from what one would expect. No technical questions - first stuff about the resume, then all random questions where you can't really give a right or wrong answer. I got the feeling it was more about staying sharpe and not blacking out. Keeping the conversation going, ask follow up question to their questions and be able to shot back if they teas a little.
    Best interview I ever had and totally relaxed.
    HR interview was just a regular interview

Applied Mid April - Will start Mid May

The main interview actually convinced me to take the job. Great introduction of what to expect and the overall experience was just amazing.

Interview Questions

• Main interview, where questions towards the resume but focused on what I did besides my academic and professional career. They were really going for the soft skills.
      The random questions were really random: How do you put a giraffe into a fridge? Name three noble price winners (non of which won the category peace)

HR interview (classic): Why UBS? Why banking? What was your last huge accomplishment? Concerning your personality, anything you would like to change - skill acquire?
      HR interview also changed languages in-between.

Overall the question were easy to answer, if you know where you from and just talk about what you actually experienced in your life. Also if your quick and can keep the conversation alive by making sense out of your answer and respond.

I would rate the interview difficult, as there is no real way to prepare for such an interview. I prepared for technical stuff needed to switch within seconds to the above described process.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and called for an interview at UBS. Very proffessional, nice environment, the interview was not what I expected. They did not ask anything about myself, but only technical questions.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Zürich (Switzerland)) in December 2015.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews with a combination of team members and recruiters. I waited around 2 weeks to recieve and interview appointment after having submitted my application. The 2 rounds of interviews were then completed within a week. Overall a very speedy process.

Interview Questions

• Why UBS? Technical questions regarding digital sector, SEO, SEA, tone of voice, company image, target markets, demographics, competitors, content planning, etc. I was asked about my salary expectations. A big focus was put on company culture and whether or not I thought that I would be the right fit. Lots of general questions about strengths, weaknesses and experience. Overall nothing too difficult. It really felt like my interviewers were more interested in finding out whether I would fit into the company on a cultural level than anything else.   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opfikon (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Opfikon (Switzerland)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of that:
    I first had a phone interview that should have had been just for 30min. It lasted in 90min. The interview were with my line manager. The last 60 min was just to check how much I did know about finance, different strategies and valuation.
    Second interview were at the headquarters in Zurich, first I ought to only meet one person, but I got three phone calls about that I would meet even more persons, ended up with interviewing with four different heads within Investment Management.
    I believe that they were curious about me.

I believe that the key reason why I did pass the interviews and got the job was that I was humble about my knowledge and that I did ask for the right answers when I did not know.
    But by being knowledgeable in all fields in finance and to give examples of how I have done in different market events were to a good advantage.

Interview Questions

• How would you invest in a zero cost strategy that will give you two times the return after X until Y, but will just give you one times the value below x?   Answer Question