UBS Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

3.1

Corporate Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

1 Phone Interview + immediately invited to the Assessment Centre. In the Assesment centre, there will be 2 interviews by different managing directors, and 1 presentation. The last stage would be group work.

Interview Questions

• If we are to move to a newer building that only fits 1000 people, how are you going to arrange the desk.   Answer Question

AM Industrial Placement 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied back in January 2017 and heard back in March. Telephone Interview was 15 minutes - standard competency based questions. Invited for the Assessment Centre - lovely office and very friendly staff. Started with a written multiple choice numerical test which you needed to pass to carry on with the day. Presentation was next - fairly time pressured so work quickly. 2 interviews came next (competency based and technical). Knowledge of the company in terms of values and competitors is key. Interviewers for both were friendly. Technical interview incl. questions specific to AM and a few more competency questions as well as questions about your CV. Next came the group exercise - fairly simple task but you need to make sure you contribute enough and seem involved and proactive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Required application through website, after that was invited to a telephone interview. Was meant to be a competency based interview, but there was a technical question on investment banking as well, which took me by surprise. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes, I kind of got thrown off by the banking question so I wasn't too confident for the rest of the interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UBS? Why specifically UBS? Why this role in particular?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Online form followed by online assessments. Following this I was invited for a telephone interview. The staff member who conducted my interview was quite cold and slightly condescending but I understand everyone has different approaches when interviewing. I was told it was a competency based interview however half the questions were about UBS (not just why you want to work there but also about the structure of staff, benefits they offer etc) and the economy and investment banking. Also, I was not asked different questions for the different seven competencies but rather three questions based around planning and problem analysis.

Interview Questions

• How is the current economic situation affecting investment banks such as UBS?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the internal role progression structure of UBS.   Answer Question

Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

I applied online and passed their online assessments, then received telephone interview in almost one month. And on Tuesday they emailed me to do the interview but the interview was on Thur morning, so not much time to prepare actually.

Interview Questions

• why ubs?
      Why trading?
      What do you think of dollars market trade? Do you think I should but more dollars?
      Answer Question

Sybase Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website. Initial call from HR, followed by a brief (30 mins) call from the hiring department, and then a followup from HR discussing potential salary and confirmation that they'd like to go to face to face interview.
    Face to face interview was scheduled for 2 hours (with 2 people initially, turned into 3)

Following that, silence for a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions about middleware and service software design, database query writing. Examples from previous jobs of various types of problem solving.   1 Answer

Spring Week: Coverage and Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a standard Numerical Test as can be found at other banks, followed by a Video Interview after I had been selected. The Interview focused on fit as well as general aspects of banking (as can be seen below).

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Talk with the recruiter about roles and about location London vs Zurich. Followed by 2 phone screens on the same day. Both went fine and recruiter told me I would advance to onsites but he wants to match me with more teams so he asked me for a third phone screen. Went OK but not great...
    No reply for weeks after that... finally after pushing I was told that there was a better candidate found....

This is my first ever interview review... but it was a total joke... Total disrespect for my time.

Analyst Interview

Interview

you apply online and answer some questions. you also upload your CV. The next step is a phone interview. An assessment Center follows if you pass the phone interview. The phone interview lasts around 20 minutes long.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UBS (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Part of assessment center aspect of the application process. Had 2 interviews alongside individual presentation and group discussion exercise. Everyone throughout the interview process at UBS was helpful and the day was well organized. Interviews lasted for about 30 minutes each and were stated as competency and commercial based, although both interviews contained questions which were competency and commercially focused.