UBS Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. There were two interviewers, an analyst and a VP. The interview was for the UBS advisory and coverage group. The interviewers were friendly and willing to give advices

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between valuing a tech company and a healthcare company?   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within less than 5 business days to schedule a phone conversation, which served as a basic screening. Following the screening, we quickly scheduled an in-person interview with the financial advisors (the two teams I would be supporting). Arrived for the interview and both teams interviewed me simultaneously with two different business platforms. Questions were behavioral based to gauge my general approach to processes and solving problems.
    *Place some effort on your ability to manage the room, if faced with multiple teams to support.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiences.   Answer Question
    • How did you approach a process in your previous employment?
      Was there a system in place? Or did you generate your own?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview. After the phone interview there was an in person interview. The interview was with about 4 people for 30 minutes each. They asked basic questions about professional and personal background. Nothing too out of the box. It was your standard interview.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was kind of abrasive, I think he wanted to see if I had thick skin but he came off as a jerk. Other than that we went over my resume and talked about what the internship was. From our discussion there was nothing appealing about the internship other than putting UBS on your resume. My advice would be to know your resume and story very well and also be able to talk about your relevant course work.

Interview Questions

• Who was the head of the Fed before Bernanke?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was very personal. As all interview goes, the questions depend largely on the personality of the interviewer and what they are looking for. Don't hesitate to ask questions and know exactly why you want to go into this field before going for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be our intern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in August 2009.

Interview

I was given the opportunity to interview for this position in DC as I had worked in the Boston office as an intern the summer before. I first had an initial phone interview which was pretty standard, focused more on general questions and job experience. A few days later I was contacted and invited to come to DC to for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of two phases. I was interviewed by one of the Advisors and then interviewed by HR. This interview was much harder than the phone interview. There was a lot of situational questions and a lot of market data questions. Know all current relevant data. Some questions were very difficult and I think were more to see how I reacted and responded then for the actual "correctness" of the response. Then a few days later I was called and offered a position. Which then involved passing a drug test and background check.