UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Wealth Management Intern Interview Questions

2.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Interview

First there is a phone screening. Then first round of interviews. Then second round with the Financial Advisor and the whole team. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to hear back but they called back 2 days later. But the hiring process took a very long time. 4-5 weeks to fill the application, background check, drug test, finger prints, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two round interview conducted by the regional President and Vice President. Round one was a one-on-one with the Vice President. After the standard, two-minute, verbal resume walk through, I was asked a series of behavorial questions.Round two with the President followed a similar ebb and flow and didn't consist of any technical questions. It is essential to have a holistic understanding of industry trends and their implications on the macro-economy.

Interview Questions

• Why go into wealth management instead of investment banking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I managed to leverage my professional experience into a paid internship, whereas the majority of my peers were interning for academic credit.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

I emailed the branch manager and he brought me in for an interview. It was pretty straight forward he wanted to get a feel for who I was and if I would be a good employee. I was applying for an internship during a semester of classes so I was only available Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I was asked a lot of questions based on my resume and why I was interested in wealth management...things like that. I was also asked about UBS as a company and what I knew about the current market.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

applied through school

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, no phone. Final round is a numerical test. Great fun talking to the directors during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

Strictly Behavioral. 1v1 interview consisting of the Managing director reviewing my resume and asking questions.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UBS in February 2016.

Interview

Sehr angenehm. sehr zuvorkommend. 2 Mitarbeiter: Betreuer und Filialleiter. Sehr nette Gesprächsrunde keine fiesen fragen. Es wurden nicht viele Fragen gestellt. Musste mich selber vorstellen. War zu einfach. Wenn ich fragen hatte, wurde sehr aufmerksam zugehört. War sehr unerwartet, dass die Gesprächsrunde so schnell und einfach ist.

Interview Questions

• Stellen sie sich vor ein Kunde ruft an und sagt die Aktien sinken, was antworten sie dem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by an Associate of the firm to come in for an interview in mid December 2013. They were in crisis mode when I had arrived and there was no shaking the interviewers mind off of what was happening outside of the interview. It lasted 10 minutes. She clearly was trying to finish as quickly as possible so she could get back to work.

Wealth Management Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Initial interview was set up through the phone. Came in to interview a week later. Interview was very relaxed and some what casual. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed with one individual and then a separate interview with another employee. Got my offer in a month's time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. $8/hr as an intern

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was able to land an interview through a friend who had been working there before. I received his e-mail address through the friend and I sent him my resume and a quick description of my interest in the body of the e-mail.

He contacted me three weeks later saying that a position had opened up. I went in for an interview once. He let mek now that he would contact me back in three days, if not, give him a call back in five days. I gave him a call back in exactly five. He said he'd like to offer me the position, and I gladly accepted on the spot. It took one month, however, for me to start working because of the screening process (to make sure you are legal and to sort out things with payroll).

Interview Questions

• He didn't throw any curveballs. Make sure you be able to tell your story of why you are there sitting in front of him through your resume. Know your strength and weakness. I highly recommend talking about cold-calling or phone skill experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

He explicitly told me during the interview that I would be getting $9 an hour. I actually get paid $10, but with taxes and holdings I end up with $9/hour at the end of the day. I Really appreciated his honesty.