UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UBS Wealth Management Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, and then one face to face interview. Basic behavioral questions, a couple questions that required being up to date with recent news. Really just trying to get a read on your personality and identifying whether you would be a good fit or not. Show you are detail oriented and do your research before hand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to resolve a conflict   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UBS

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Got a call, got asked a couple of behavior and skills questions. Then, I was invited to an in-person interview. The interviewer told me to go through my resume and I proceeded. i got asked a lot of behavior questions and questions based off my resume. Interview went well and I got the internship. Background checks were a hassle and took a month for me to start working.

Interview Questions

• Are you proficient with Excel ?
      What do you do in your free time ?
      How are you with people ?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard questions. Nothing too extreme. Went to one on one with the one I was going to intern for then 2nd interview was with their team. 2-3 candidates for 2nd round interview.

Interview Questions

• Why UBS? If the team was not available to answer your questions on a project you did not understand what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Century City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It consisted of first a phone interview, which were all simple questions. They asked why I wanted to join the firm, what I wanted to do after I graduated, etc. After I passed the phone interview, I was brought into the office and interviewed by a panel of associates. They more or less just asked questions about my resume. Nothing was particularly mentally tolling or difficult. They were nice and pleasant people.

Interview Questions

• Explain this part of your resume to me..   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very Relaxed. Behavior questions. Just wanted to get to know you. Interview was a phone call with 2 people. It lasted about 30 minutes. Talked again 2 weeks later. Got the offer after that.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Cold emailed one of the wealth management teams, and managed to secure an in-person interview a week later. Had an in-person interview with the SVP and VP of the team, as well as the complex manager and got the offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, pretty straightforward and simple - know your story, what the company does, why you want to do wealth management   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UBS in December 2015.

Interview

I was asked to speak on the phone with HR. Typical behavioral questions were asked. That same day I received two emails about speaking to young employees with their managers back to back. I was unsure how the conversations would go but they pretty much asked the same questions as before. It was a fair process but wish I got the chance to interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you made something more efficient.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Series of sit downs with multiple executives. Much less formal for me personally than for the average intern. I was fortunate enough to be paired with a group of established advisors as well as young employees looking for further their career

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UBS.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview. Mostly behavioral and the basic phone interview questions. Asked about school, major, background, experience, etc. Pretty easy phone interview. Next I was invited into the office for an in-person interview. Met with the senior vice president of the specific office I was applying for and the client service associate. Was asked some technical questions regarding wealth management and my overall finance background. Overall the interview process was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Why wealth management? Do you invest? What do you think of today's market? What is your opinion on ____ stock?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UBS (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was really east. It's basically a sales job. First it was a phone interview, followed by an in person interview. So.... tell me this ladies/gentleman....

1. You work as a grunt for 3 years before you can become an advisor. This depends on whether there is even an opening or not.

2. The advisors will take all your close family and friends to add to their network and increase clients for themselves.

3. If you don't pass the Series 66 & 7 and then YOU'RE OUT !

4. If you're willing to deal with the above then GOOD FREAKIN LUCK ! You have a better chance moving up working in the mail room !!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for UBS? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question