UC Davis Human Resources Analyst - Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Analyst - Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Formal interview w/7-member panel. Round table discussion with 22 questions. I was allowed to review the questions for 15 minutes prior to interview. The interview was scheduled for 45-60 minutes but lasted 1 hr 20 min. Panel was serious but relaxed, questions moderate-difficult, interview ended in mutual laughter.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was: "Tell us about your experience managing a personnel situation that had a potential legal impact. What role did you play? With whom did you consult? What was the result? " It is difficult to give good examples of these types of situations and maintain confidentiality. This is especially difficult in a campus where there is 6-degrees of separation and most people make the right connection when giving examples even when discretion is used.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a salary that was close to my current salary for a new job which was considered a one level promotion and included a supervisory component. Of course this was not appropriate and since the campus had not realized a merit in several years, I felt it was the right time to negotiate a fair compensation for the work I would be expected to perform. I discussed my background, experience, skills in relation to peers and successfully negotiated a higher salary based on these and other factors.