UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.5

Program Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

There was an initial panel interview with 3-5 people - the director, a Human Resources representative was present, and 1-2 employees from various departments. It took about 1.5 months after applying to receive a call for an interview. I was called an invited back for a second, panel interview after about 1.5 weeks. I was offered the position and scheduled for new hire orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you were hosting a class, and the instructor called you and shared they would not be able to make it to teach due to an emergency, how would you handle the situation (considering the students that you were anticipating would be attending the course)?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis in January 2016.

Interview

From the start, planning and confirming the interview was relatively seamless, minus a minor mistake in which I did not receive the email with the information for my interview due to a clerical error. I went through two series of interviews. The first was with various directors the person who would be in the position would work with. It was a panel style interview in which questions were exchanged among the directors. I was asked approximately 12 questions and I was given time to ask questions to the interviewers at the end. From start to finish the interview was about 45 minutes.

I was called the next evening and advised I was being invited to a second interview. Despite the same clerical error in getting the confirmation email with instructions, I eventually received the information for my second, panel style interview. This interview was a two-and-a-half hour interview. I interviewed with three different groups the person in the position would be working with. I was also asked to do a presentation. The first of the three groups had a more traditional standardized form of interviews (ask questions and rotate the questions from one person to another). The second and third groups I interviewed with were less formal and more conversational.

At the end of round two interviews, the hiring manager concluded the process and said we would be in touch after a decision had been made. Approximately one month later I was contacted and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were faced with an extremely emotionally charged situation. What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe drives culture?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a tried and true team building exercise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiating in terms of pay; however, there was negotiating room for schedule, professional development, and telecommuting options.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very rigorous, went through three separate interviews. Met about 15 people in total. each person asks a series of questions. Took an hour long. Had a second panel interview with 10 people in the department and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you and your immediate supervisor do not get along and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very firm, but i did get a little more.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three people; an HR person, a direct supervisor to the position, and a head from a related department. They gave me a sheet of paper with about fifteen questions to review, and began asking immediately. The questions were mainly aimed at specific examples of past experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked what three words my colleagues would use to describe me. They asked why I was interested, and what my experience with software was. They asked how I build relationships with the people I work with and what I think is important to being successful in the workplace. They asked for an example of a time I had made a decision without my supervisor present.   Answer Question

Member Services Attendant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

group interview. Way over board and selective for what was actually required on the job. Panel of 4 people who have worked at the ARC for a little while and they asked each person the same question going down the line with who started last time. I believe there were a total of 6 questions. All standard interview questions, what has prepared you, how can you help, etc.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a board of about 10 employees. A portion of the interview is requiring the interviewee to teach material to the board. Following the teaching portion of the interview are behavioral/personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied Online. Was contacted about a month later for interview. Underwent interview process and was asked a lot of technical questions and how my current experience and education could apply to the position. Interviewed by a 5 person panel. Highly intimidating

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a difficult situation at work in which your interpersonal communication skills significantly improved the outcome?   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It's not too long, but the questions are really about what kind of person that you are and how you would handle specific situations. Be yourself and come in with a very open mind. Most importantly, Student Housing is looking for an individual who's both a team player and leader that's always willing to learn.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Working for the Information Center for the Environment required rigorous response to a host of questions related to public policies, programs and workplace preferences. Do your homework and review key articles by Project Manager staff and professors associated with ICE.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide an example of working with advocates to use science to better inform their decision making process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

private

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process is handled directly by HR. They contact you and set up a meeting with your future department, if not, interview you themselves. Everything goes pretty smoothly by schedule. After your interview it takes about 3-5 business days for them to reach a decision. The interview was business casual, I didn't need to wear a tie. If you do get hired for the job, you have to attend a mass hiring signup event where you do a bunch of paperwork to become a university employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, salary was stated on job ad.