UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

I applied for a job at the bookstore online. I got an e-mail informing me that they sent my application to another student job area that was hiring. I scheduled an interview through e-mail.

Event Staff - Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After you apply, your resume and cover letter is scrutinized by the student managers. Be sure your grammar is impeccable and your resume is clean and succinct. If you pass this portion, you are called in for a panel interview with the student managers and assistant director.

Interview Questions

• They want to see you are an effective communicator and can perform under a tight schedule, be responsible and answer truthfully.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was really good memory. The professor was very interested in my research and he asked another big name professor join my job talk and they both were very nice

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I met with my perspective boss and the current lab members. I met with each member of the lab for 15-30 minutes to discuss their work, my work and how we may work together. I later went to lunch with the entire lab at an on-campus restaurant. I also presented by doctoral work for the group in an informal meeting. At the end of the day I sat down with the PI and discussed possible projects that I would be involved with, if I were to join the lab.

Interview Questions

• To describe previous work.   1 Answer

Junior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Before the interview, I was asked to complete a coding challenge at home.
    First round - discussed my code on whiteboard and was asked technical and behavioral questions.
    Second round - completed a small project at own pace that uses the technology implemented at the job. Interacted with one of the senior developer during the process.

Interview Questions

• Java - inheritance, object-oriented paradigm related questions   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule interview. The interview was friendly, the professor I worked for asked basic questions about my previous experiences teaching and the courses I took when I was an undergrad.

Director, Research Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis (Redding, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

This was a phone Interview. Asked very basic questions.I received an email letting me know that I had been selected for the first step of the interview process that was a phone interview. If I wanted to proceed I should respond to the email. I responded, the phone interview was set.

Interview Questions

• The usual ...tell us about yourself. Why are you interested in this position? All straight forward questions.I did enjoyed the process. The seemed very knowledgeable and knew what they were looking for.   1 Answer

Student Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

First was a test on linux, you are testing with other students, about 40. Next is the one-to-one interview. At this point there's only 20 qualifying students. They ask you questions about experience and such. One of the questions they ask was how do you know if you talk to the computer on another network

Interview Questions

• How do you talk to a computer on the same network?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was not very difficult or anything unexpected. I set up an interview, then met with each department head at one time. The leads of UCEAP, Operations, Enrollment and Peer Advising met with me to discuss my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for study abroad?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a panel of 5 interviewees to 2 employers. They took turns asking each person a question for 3-4 rounds. Questions ranged form leadership to skills to personality.