UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview, 4 people (1 men and 3 women) , interview lasted over an hour, no conversation, they've reading questions from forms - same position different department, different people - same boring questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflictual situation and how did you resolved it.   Answer Question

Competitive Sports Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

You were required to attend an initial overview clinic at least once for the year. Every quarter there were up to two additional clinics you were required to attend. There the supervisors would access your ability to officiate a game and the rules of the sport. Clinics often occurred late at night, not welcoming to most students schedules since these during the first week of school. You could potentially attend an initial clinic from 5 to 6pm. Then not have anything until 8pm which could last until 11pm.

Interview Questions

• What qualities or experience do you have which could help you as an official?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applying was really easy, just a resume and cover letter. There were three people on a panel taking turns asking questions, but they were all really friendly so it wasn't too intimidating.

Member Services Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Candidates were split up into groups. Groups were interviewed by a panel, where each candidate took turns answering interview questions. This made for a more competitive atmosphere. The questioning portion of the interview process took maybe half an hour to and hour long.

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Simple one on one interview. No stress, relaxed atmosphere. The process lasted about 45 minutes, with simple questions on work history and academic experiences. The process seemed fairly disjointed within the department, but generally the interview itself was well organized

Student Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

It was very quick process and done in a timely matter. The interviewer was straight to the point and ask professional questions related to the job. It was good to know that they also believed in the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative experience that you've had in interacting with others and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Grant Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They were all very nice and they put me at ease right from the start so the interview was a blast. Half of the questions were technical, the other half situational.
    They asked about my related past experience, which aspects of the job were most/least attracting, a typical diversity question, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most enjoyable aspects of a previous job?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you had to adjust your approach to better work with someone? You disagreed with your co-worker’s way of working?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you had to lead a team for a specific project. What was your approach and how did you make sure they meet the internal and external deadlines?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your work style? How would your co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very easy .If you have experience in the field in which you are applying then it is very easy . It took 30 days after the application submission to get call.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join UC davis? What type of automation can be done to improve DB performance?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

One day visit. Research talk for 1 hour. Lunch and Dinner with graduate students. Tour of facilities in the university and the laboratory. Meet with the adviser and discuss potential projects. Very friendly and relaxed interview process.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis in January 2016.

Interview

From the start, planning and confirming the interview was relatively seamless, minus a minor mistake in which I did not receive the email with the information for my interview due to a clerical error. I went through two series of interviews. The first was with various directors the person who would be in the position would work with. It was a panel style interview in which questions were exchanged among the directors. I was asked approximately 12 questions and I was given time to ask questions to the interviewers at the end. From start to finish the interview was about 45 minutes.

I was called the next evening and advised I was being invited to a second interview. Despite the same clerical error in getting the confirmation email with instructions, I eventually received the information for my second, panel style interview. This interview was a two-and-a-half hour interview. I interviewed with three different groups the person in the position would be working with. I was also asked to do a presentation. The first of the three groups had a more traditional standardized form of interviews (ask questions and rotate the questions from one person to another). The second and third groups I interviewed with were less formal and more conversational.

At the end of round two interviews, the hiring manager concluded the process and said we would be in touch after a decision had been made. Approximately one month later I was contacted and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were faced with an extremely emotionally charged situation. What did you do? What was the result?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe drives culture?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a tried and true team building exercise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much room for negotiating in terms of pay; however, there was negotiating room for schedule, professional development, and telecommuting options.