UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2017

2.5

Member Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Interview with gym director, along with a few other students. Dress professional but comfortable enough to pick up a 45 lb plate (which is needed for the job because you will need to clean up the weight room)

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable cleaning restrooms?
      What is customer service to you?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Hiring process was long, need to put in the legwork to get all the documentation together. Most academic hires I've seen is usually a referral, a volunteer or internal promotion. Unless that person is completely unqualified, the interview is usually a formality.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Sacramento, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview, 4 people (1 men and 3 women) , interview lasted over an hour, no conversation, they've reading questions from forms - same position different department, different people - same boring questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflictual situation and how did you resolved it.   Answer Question

Competitive Sports Official Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

You were required to attend an initial overview clinic at least once for the year. Every quarter there were up to two additional clinics you were required to attend. There the supervisors would access your ability to officiate a game and the rules of the sport. Clinics often occurred late at night, not welcoming to most students schedules since these during the first week of school. You could potentially attend an initial clinic from 5 to 6pm. Then not have anything until 8pm which could last until 11pm.

Interview Questions

• What qualities or experience do you have which could help you as an official?   Answer Question

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applying was really easy, just a resume and cover letter. There were three people on a panel taking turns asking questions, but they were all really friendly so it wasn't too intimidating.

Junior Specialist Interview

Interview

Simple one on one interview. No stress, relaxed atmosphere. The process lasted about 45 minutes, with simple questions on work history and academic experiences. The process seemed fairly disjointed within the department, but generally the interview itself was well organized

Student Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

It was very quick process and done in a timely matter. The interviewer was straight to the point and ask professional questions related to the job. It was good to know that they also believed in the job.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative experience that you've had in interacting with others and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Grant Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They were all very nice and they put me at ease right from the start so the interview was a blast. Half of the questions were technical, the other half situational.
    They asked about my related past experience, which aspects of the job were most/least attracting, a typical diversity question, etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most enjoyable aspects of a previous job?   1 Answer
    • Tell us a time when you had to adjust your approach to better work with someone? You disagreed with your co-worker’s way of working?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you had to lead a team for a specific project. What was your approach and how did you make sure they meet the internal and external deadlines?   1 Answer
    • How would you describe your work style? How would your co-workers describe you?   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very easy .If you have experience in the field in which you are applying then it is very easy . It took 30 days after the application submission to get call.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join UC davis? What type of automation can be done to improve DB performance?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

One day visit. Research talk for 1 hour. Lunch and Dinner with graduate students. Tour of facilities in the university and the laboratory. Meet with the adviser and discuss potential projects. Very friendly and relaxed interview process.