UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Davis Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three people; an HR person, a direct supervisor to the position, and a head from a related department. They gave me a sheet of paper with about fifteen questions to review, and began asking immediately. The questions were mainly aimed at specific examples of past experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked what three words my colleagues would use to describe me. They asked why I was interested, and what my experience with software was. They asked how I build relationships with the people I work with and what I think is important to being successful in the workplace. They asked for an example of a time I had made a decision without my supervisor present.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Hired based on application. Submitted to various departments. Got a reply from CHMS, the math dept., etc. simply stating that I was hired. Had to email back other depts. to find out the status of my apps.

Interview Questions

• GPA, experience, etc. Nothing about teaching skills.   1 Answer

Graphic Coordinator Interview

Interview

Fast and professional, the supervisors were all present during the interview and each of them asked questions, the whole process was light and easy, not too intimidating. The supervisors asked about 13 questions and gave enough time for me to respond without rush

Event Staff Interview

Interview

Pretty straight forward group style interview with your direct supervisor(s) and a couple of the current staff leads. Come dressed in semi-professional wear.
    Boys wear dress shirts and pants, tie is optional, nice shoes. no sneakers. Clean hair and overall look
    Girls wear a nice shirt with no cleavage showing. dress pants/solid color jeggings. flats/dress shoes. low heels if you dont have the other shoes. clean hair up or down, doesn't matter. if you're wearing makeup, dont overdo it.

Interview Questions

• Previous experiences with customer service. Biggest flaw. Why do you want to work for events.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

saw the posting on Aggie job link. Phone first in 2 days asking about my time slots and my location. Some standard phone screening questions since I have recently graduated to see if I am familiar with the subject matter. In person interview was more to see my knowledge about upper division Econ materials..

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've had a few interviews before and they've all been very casual. They always ask me about my previous experience. Most importantly, don't be too focused on the technical stuff such as listing your achievements and what you can do. Mention them of course, but since you'll be someone's assistant and you'll probably be working alongside them, that someone is generally looking for an assistant that they can get along with. So be natural and confident. Oh and ALWAYS have questions prepared. Not just basic stuff like what are my responsibilities, go on their lab's website and figure out questions based on their research!

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

You have to make out a profile to use their online system. Once that has been done, you can look for available job listings. What's nice is that they keep you updated on the process if you check online. However, you never know if you get an interview unless they contact you directly. Once contacted, they set up a panel-interview where 2-3 people asked questions round-robin style. After the interview process was complete, they called my references. It took about 10 days from the time of interview before I was contacted about whether or not I got the position. After that, I went into the office and signed all pertinent paperwork and then began my new job.

Interview Questions

• Aside from job-duty specific questions, they asked things like, what would your co-workers say about you, what do you find frustrating in a job, etc.   Answer Question

Chinese Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview is easy, they just want to make sure that you feel comfortable about being a Chinese language tutor and you have enough knowledge about Chinese. A lot of their students are leaning very basic level Chinese, so you have to patient to these people. They have some very nice teacher at their language department . I took the job at summer and I help about 10 students about their speaking and writing. Overall good experience.

Student Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Interview with 2–4 staff members. Staff members were warm and alternated asking questions; took notes during interview. Most questions were related to the mission/vision, campus climate, and interpersonal skills/situations.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance academic responsibilities with this position?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a panel of 5 interviewees to 2 employers. They took turns asking each person a question for 3-4 rounds. Questions ranged form leadership to skills to personality.