UC Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.5

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

JUst a simple interview. I walked in and talked to the general manager. She was friendly and nice and was very interested what I had to offer. She made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• what are your life goals? What is your major? why studying that major?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

I applied for a position at a research study through UC Davis. I was contacted about a week later for an interview. The in-person interview was a panel of several people asking me not super difficult questions, and everyone was very friendly.

Student Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A brief phone interview, followed by an in-person interview with a panel of two supervisors. Both supervisors were welcoming, and took notes during. The questions asked were situational and behavioral rather than technical.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken any classes in our department, and if so, which ones?   1 Answer

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very standard. They gave great direction to a hard to find office. Almost by today's standard for all Human Resource Departments. The employer looked at her laptop and filled in the blanks. Very little interest if answers did not apply to the form she was filling out. The process took about 30 minutes to complete. Overall it was professional.

Interview Questions

• If you have worked in a team and there was a team member that wasn't doing their share of work. How did you handle this situation?   1 Answer

The hours offered were not good.

Student Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was mostly done through just an evaluation of prior experience, specifically the student's performance in a class required by the major (Senior Design). Past performance on graded projects were evaluated, most likely. Other factors that probably played a role were dedication to the project at hand, past interactions with the employer during group meetings concerning the project, and the overall turnout of the final deliverable.

Student Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and took about 30 mins. It was a group interview with two other people. Two interviewers. The interviewers wrote down our answers. Every question, they would direct a new person to start answering it first.

Proposal Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, thoughtful and put me at ease. However, she failed to tell me one of the larger aspects of the job which I had to discover on my own.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

One round panel with 2 senior managers and 1 recruiter and got notified 2 weeks later than they promised. The interview itself went well and senior managers gave positive feedbacks on the spot.

Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by three or four people at the same time. They asked pretty basic questions. However they did ask a few technical questions regarding Excel. They will ask you if you had any previous experience working with large data sets.

Fleet Services Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief, asked questions relating to an office environment and customer service. Some questions dealt with how you would handle situations or how you have handled difficult situations in the past. The interview had very easy, basic interview questions. The managers were very friendly and it was a great place to work as a student.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation were a customer was upset?   Answer Question