UC Davis Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

1.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I first submitted my CV to the professor who wanted to recruit postdocs. Then we scheduled a discussion via Skype. The discussion was pleasant. I almost knew I would get the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Sacramento, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Presentation and meeting with people in the department, very casual

Negotiation

salary is fixed not negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I had a detailed academic CV along with a research statement. We got a perfect match between me and the research group. I had only one phone interview, enough generic. There were 15 candidates for this position. They didn't ask for any recommendation letters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation,

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Getting a position as a postdoc is fairly straightforward; find a professor who's research interests you, contact them about your interest and give info on your background, and ask if they have a position available. At that point they will say, "I don't have funding right now" or they will likely ask for references.

Interview Questions

• The only difficult question really is articulating what you want to focus your research efforts on. At least this is true for me as I just see science as a wide open playground.   Answer Question