UC Davis Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Davis Postdoctoral Scholar Interview Questions

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

One day visit. Research talk for 1 hour. Lunch and Dinner with graduate students. Tour of facilities in the university and the laboratory. Meet with the adviser and discuss potential projects. Very friendly and relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Personal meeting in a national conference followed by on-site interview. I gave a 30 minutes talk about my past research experience and answered several questions. Had a lunch with senior lab members.

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I met with my perspective boss and the current lab members. I met with each member of the lab for 15-30 minutes to discuss their work, my work and how we may work together. I later went to lunch with the entire lab at an on-campus restaurant. I also presented by doctoral work for the group in an informal meeting. At the end of the day I sat down with the PI and discussed possible projects that I would be involved with, if I were to join the lab.

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was really good memory. The professor was very interested in my research and he asked another big name professor join my job talk and they both were very nice

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis in December 2012.

Interview

I responded to an online job advert and was invited for a skype interview a week or so later. This was a one-to-one interview with my prospective employer. It lasted 45 mins and was rather informal. We chatted over previous findings from the lab and the questions the lab was aiming to answer and how.

Interview Questions

• To describe my lab experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC Davis (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Started off with exchanging emails with the professor I wanted to work with. Next was a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes, with details discussions on technical know how and project development. This was followed by a day long visit to the lab, involving a seminar by me for 45 minutes, and several one-on-ones and one-on-twos, about 6 in total. I was told of the outcome about 19 business days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop an assay to measure a certain phenotype in an organism?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as they said the salary was fixed on a UC Scale.