UC Davis Student Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Briefly described why I think I would be a good fit for the position. Afterwards, I was questioned about the information on my resume. Then, we began to discuss why I wanted the position and when I could start. By the end, he offered me the position and told me I would be receiving an email soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Ordinary interview asking about experience and how to handle customer support. Checked to make sure student hours were flexible and made sure you were okay with possibility of short hours or long hours during different times of the year.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. I wasn't asked much of experience. As long as you really want the job you get it. They don't ask you too much on your experience but they do ask you more on the kind of person you are.

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Signed up through Aggie Joblinks. Received an email about a week later, asking for an interview. Applied for a dishwashing position. Expressed my interest in research, and was hired for a research position instead. Studied the lab beforehand ,in order to see what kind of techniques that they used. Expressed interest in learning those techniques during the interview.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Applied through UC Davis jobs website. Was contacted via e-mail for 1:1 job interview.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult question as this is only a student assistant job. They were mostly typical interview questions such as - what are your strength and weaknesses, what are your hobbies, what is your class schedule. There were no technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process is handled directly by HR. They contact you and set up a meeting with your future department, if not, interview you themselves. Everything goes pretty smoothly by schedule. After your interview it takes about 3-5 business days for them to reach a decision. The interview was business casual, I didn't need to wear a tie. If you do get hired for the job, you have to attend a mass hiring signup event where you do a bunch of paperwork to become a university employee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable, salary was stated on job ad.

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC Davis in December 2013.

Interview

They gave me a phone call and scheduled an interview in their office. There were two interviewers, one is the manager, another one is a current student assistant. It was a relaxing interview, only asked behavioral questions and what are my hobbits.

Interview Questions

• The first question they asked kinda scared me: what do you know about plant science. I didn't expect that because I am a computer science major and I applied for an IT position. Turned out this question doesn't matter that much.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• There was none other than about experience related to the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview was simply. The interview process was even simpler with standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There isn't a negotiation phase.