UC Davis Student Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Davis Student Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at UC Davis

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Came into professors office, no formal questions were asked. Chatted about myself and my knowledge of the markets. After showing I was a friendly, normal human, capable of conversing, and slightly educated, I was offered the position on the spot. Professor just wanted to make sure I could complete the research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly rate is set. Varies depending on experience and there are different student rate levels, the position I was applying for was level four. Weekly hours vary depending on amount of research necessary but usually ranged from eight hours to 15 hours a week, and never more. Negotiation wasn't part of the equation, I accepted the position and was given a rate to be paid.

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Very informal process. They value soft skills, team work, and professionalism. You must have a a strong self starter work ethic and proven persistence. You must also express knowledge and interest in the research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Student Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Applied online and heard back over a month later. 2 full time research engineers interviewed me in a typical interview setting. General STAR questions and the usual why do you want to work here. Couple technical and hands on questions/problem solving that was on the trickier side.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain how an air conditioner works? If not, what steps would you take to understand how one works?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I sat down with two members of the team and they asked me a series of interpersonal questions to see how I am as an employee where some were geared to how competent I was. They were easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of the tasks you need to complete?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've had a few interviews before and they've all been very casual. They always ask me about my previous experience. Most importantly, don't be too focused on the technical stuff such as listing your achievements and what you can do. Mention them of course, but since you'll be someone's assistant and you'll probably be working alongside them, that someone is generally looking for an assistant that they can get along with. So be natural and confident. Oh and ALWAYS have questions prepared. Not just basic stuff like what are my responsibilities, go on their lab's website and figure out questions based on their research!