UC Davis Student Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Davis Student Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.0

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've had a few interviews before and they've all been very casual. They always ask me about my previous experience. Most importantly, don't be too focused on the technical stuff such as listing your achievements and what you can do. Mention them of course, but since you'll be someone's assistant and you'll probably be working alongside them, that someone is generally looking for an assistant that they can get along with. So be natural and confident. Oh and ALWAYS have questions prepared. Not just basic stuff like what are my responsibilities, go on their lab's website and figure out questions based on their research!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Came into professors office, no formal questions were asked. Chatted about myself and my knowledge of the markets. After showing I was a friendly, normal human, capable of conversing, and slightly educated, I was offered the position on the spot. Professor just wanted to make sure I could complete the research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly rate is set. Varies depending on experience and there are different student rate levels, the position I was applying for was level four. Weekly hours vary depending on amount of research necessary but usually ranged from eight hours to 15 hours a week, and never more. Negotiation wasn't part of the equation, I accepted the position and was given a rate to be paid.