UC Davis Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Davis Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at UC Davis

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to schedule interview. The interview was friendly, the professor I worked for asked basic questions about my previous experiences teaching and the courses I took when I was an undergrad.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC Davis

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

There was actually no formal interview at all. I was required to take the American Chemical Society exam on generla chemistry and score well. After that, I was simply offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for my availability, and they were a little last moment about making the exact assignments, so I guess that could be an issue for some people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a board of about 10 employees. A portion of the interview is requiring the interviewee to teach material to the board. Following the teaching portion of the interview are behavioral/personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that would make you most qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis in September 2013.

Interview

Sent an email applying for the position. got an email saying the prof wants to meet me. had basic questions about the course

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

applied online. the interview was friendly and the professor i worked for asked basic questions about my prev experiences teaching and the courses i took as an undergrad. was hired after a week or so

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions, how is your take on customer service, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Davis (Davis, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

saw the posting on Aggie job link. Phone first in 2 days asking about my time slots and my location. Some standard phone screening questions since I have recently graduated to see if I am familiar with the subject matter. In person interview was more to see my knowledge about upper division Econ materials..

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC Davis.

Interview

Hired based on application. Submitted to various departments. Got a reply from CHMS, the math dept., etc. simply stating that I was hired. Had to email back other depts. to find out the status of my apps.

Interview Questions

• GPA, experience, etc. Nothing about teaching skills.   1 Answer