UC Hastings College of the Law Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at UC Hastings College of the Law

Chief Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC Hastings College of the Law (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

2 days, nearly 8 hours each! It started out with meeting each dept head and eventually escallated to pretty much the entire staff. Long, slow process, that was totally unnecessary!!

Professor of Law Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Hastings College of the Law in December 2013.

Interview

Required a couple phone interviews, online skills test (Microsoft Office proficiency), and a background check. Thorough and fair. HR folks were extremely polite and helpful in walking through the steps and timeline. One note to keep in mind: some jobs are posted as a range, but departments only have a fixed amount of salary already allowed for positions, so don't be surprised if they offer the low end of the scale.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Hastings College of the Law (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Because the office you work in is small, there are a few levels of interviews to assess fit. First phone screen, then in person screen with a manager, then usually a panel interview with rest of office staff. There is a software skills test for admin professionals. There is some assessment of your skills working with a student population, as well as working in education in general. Since it's UC, there are strict HR guidelines for hiring, interviewing, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit? (All standard questions, no behavioral questions.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay rates are published with job postings, there is no wiggle room in budget beyond stated salary.