UC Irvine Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted a cover letter on job website. And few days later, scheduled for an interview. Was asked about the projects I did. Few days later, I got a call for the offer.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

You have to make it through a dual process application. You first will write about why you want the position and then you will either be invited or not to an in person interview. It can depend on how well you come off, such as being personal. You will really want to study up on the housing community you are applying for and what its values are and give personal responses to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Please define diversity/ please give an example of a time you dealt with diversity.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process depends on the department. I have had interviews with 3 different departments and all of them were different.
    One had a panel of 6 interviewers and it was a pretty difficult hour-long interview.
    One had a panel of 2 interviewers that was too easy.
    One was a pretty casual interview that was pretty easy as well.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Received a call to schedule a time for the interview. For a work study position, it was like any other interview. I was interviewed by the lab that I wanted to join. My interviewer and I sat in a quiet area and she printed out my resume and asked me behavioral/personal questions. Never asked about anything on my resume, but I had to take a basic chemistry quiz (dilutions only).

Summer Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It started by contacting professors and talking about the available projects. Then, a short interview was conducted that was merely like a chat just to get to know each other.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through recruiter. I interviewed at UC Irvine in May 2016. Phone screen and one hour in person interview. Interview level was average. There was a panel of three members. Technical questions were basics.

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Communication was good before and after the interview, however the interview was via a website called interviewstream, where you read a question, then record a video answer. You get three tries (which is good), but it makes the interview pointless for the interviewee because there's no way to ask them questions, gauge responses etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent an email to the hiring manager and said I was interested in the position and attached my resume along wit the email. She was quick to respond and set up an interview time with me. The interview was a very quick interview! Basically was told of job requirements and expectations and asked to tell them about myself.

Clinical Nurse I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Orange, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very casual! There were three pages of interview questions that come based off of your application and survey, so it will change for everyone. I was just with the nurse manager so I felt very at ease and able to answer as myself without the pressure of multiple people watching me.

Interview Questions

• This is by far the most common interview question I have gotten as a new grad, name a time your patients status changed rapidly and what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Irvine (Irvine, CA).

Interview

- Email conversation after resume submission. My previous advisor had connection to the new advisor, although I did not know that during initial contact - Skype conversation with main advisor - In person presentation and full day of meetings. Officially offered position at the end of the final interview day.

Interview Questions

• Very detailed questions about my study system.   1 Answer
    • What will you do other than what is given to you in the funded proposal?   1 Answer