UC Riverside Interview Questions in Riverside, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I have completed the online personality test, online case scenarios about analyzing financial records of university, interviewed with a 3 person panel through Skype and described what my skills were at my previous and current employers.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself and your background?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

Interview

The process was as normal. I really just want to create an account to learn more about job opportunities. UCR is not even the real company I wanted to key in here, but the option for the company I was keying in was not available the drop down forced me to select from the options given in order to proceed

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me anything.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a small conference room, with me at the head of the table, and three female managers from different departments taking turns asking pre-scripted questions. A quick introduction of names, titles and duties was given by each manager before the questions began. At the end minimal time was given for me to ask questions. All questions were standard and open-ended. A follow-up skill review was sent via email to test my abilities in analyzing random data and providing suggestions to reduce costs; also, they required I use Excel to create a pivot table and Powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to you use data to come to make a decision.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Interview went well, but many factors were hidden from me. For example, I did not learn until a year later that the boss's wife was in fact working as the lab manager, even though she was hidden by the payroll . Clear conflict of interest and it impacted my career to a large extent

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions asking if you're friendly and if you mind social contact. More or less to see if you can deal with people since some people can't and so they stuff those people in the back.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

You first have to sign the contract and accept your assignment. Then you must go to the Interview. After you attend the orientation. Lastly you fill out all the paperwork.

Athletic Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard questions, very laid back, good experience. No reason to be nervous odds are you will be hired. Take it professionally and use it as a learning experience. Be prepared to ask the interviewer questions and show that you're willing to work hard and listen to instructions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe past work situations that relate to the position you're applying for.

Have you ever been in a situation where you deal the with an upset customer?

If so how did you handle the situation?

Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Assistant Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

It was a 2 part interview. First was an online application with a few questions and after came an actual interview with 2 members of the professional staff. The interview was pretty casual, and consisted of a series of questions that required critical thinking, knowledge of the department and its procedures, and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• The asked some situational questions.   1 Answer

Peer Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

one round of interview with one advisor, one assistant and one student mentor. typical interview questions about your strength and weakness. ask you about what diversity and name the resource you utilize on campus. etc after the first round of interview they ask you to wait about 1-2 months and you will hear back from them thru email. you do need to go through a one quarter training based on the training result and your performance evaluation then they determine if they would offer you the job

Team Dining, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied, got a call on the phone. Did the interview on the phone, it was quick and simple. I applied through the Student Employment Office so job was mainly for students. The interviewer was very kind, she was also a student. Once finished, told me I got the job and we scheduled a date for training.

Interview Questions

• How to balance school and work?   1 Answer
    • A challenge I have encountered and how I was able to conquer it   1 Answer