UC Riverside Interview Questions in Riverside, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a small conference room, with me at the head of the table, and three female managers from different departments taking turns asking pre-scripted questions. A quick introduction of names, titles and duties was given by each manager before the questions began. At the end minimal time was given for me to ask questions. All questions were standard and open-ended. A follow-up skill review was sent via email to test my abilities in analyzing random data and providing suggestions to reduce costs; also, they required I use Excel to create a pivot table and Powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to you use data to come to make a decision.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Interview went well, but many factors were hidden from me. For example, I did not learn until a year later that the boss's wife was in fact working as the lab manager, even though she was hidden by the payroll . Clear conflict of interest and it impacted my career to a large extent

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Simple questions asking if you're friendly and if you mind social contact. More or less to see if you can deal with people since some people can't and so they stuff those people in the back.

Assistant Resident Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

It was a 2 part interview. First was an online application with a few questions and after came an actual interview with 2 members of the professional staff. The interview was pretty casual, and consisted of a series of questions that required critical thinking, knowledge of the department and its procedures, and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• The asked some situational questions.   1 Answer

Peer Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

one round of interview with one advisor, one assistant and one student mentor. typical interview questions about your strength and weakness. ask you about what diversity and name the resource you utilize on campus. etc after the first round of interview they ask you to wait about 1-2 months and you will hear back from them thru email. you do need to go through a one quarter training based on the training result and your performance evaluation then they determine if they would offer you the job

Team Dining, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied, got a call on the phone. Did the interview on the phone, it was quick and simple. I applied through the Student Employment Office so job was mainly for students. The interviewer was very kind, she was also a student. Once finished, told me I got the job and we scheduled a date for training.

Interview Questions

• How to balance school and work?   1 Answer
    • A challenge I have encountered and how I was able to conquer it   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Application

Interview

Long hiring process. Several interviews with panel. Tons of spouse hires on campus. I recommend studying about the campus and asking about our business practices. Follow-up can take a long time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the department I would support.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They give you a list of possible questions. Let you look at them and think/write your answers. Then a panel of three people interviews you. The panel usually is made of the supervisor, an employee who has a similar position, and an HR employee.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult days at a past job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I didn't have an interview process. Prior to getting the job I had an internship with the same office. When the time for the new school year came I was offered a paid position for the same thing I did with the internship.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

One panel interview where they as basic questions on problem solving. There were three interviewers and they all had a set of questions. Once they were finished I got a tour around the lab. They were extremely nice and we're not intimidating at all.