UC Riverside Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Riverside Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

3.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Firstly, we ask me to fostering groundbreaking research and producing graduates who are in demand, our department has established itself as a leader in the field of computer science and engineering. In recognition of the quality of our research and educational opportunities, the department has been highly ranked by the National Review Council, the Princeton Review, and U.S. News & World Report
Then, I fostering groundbreaking research and producing graduates who are in demand, our department has established itself as a leader in the field of computer science and engineering. In recognition of the quality of our research and educational opportunities, the department has been highly ranked by the National Review Council, the Princeton Review, and U.S. News & World Report

Other Interview Reviews for UC Riverside

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk to TA director in the department. If he/she likes you and there is a position available, then BINGO!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

My interview was rescheduled three times before I was interviewed. I got the impression that they had already decided on who they were going to hire before I came in. The interviewer was obviously tired.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It required writing a letter of interest, submitting a resume, and submitting a paper application. It also required being part of the graduate program, enrolled as a graduate student. It was very competitive. There were many other graduate students trying to get this position, and it required a sort of lobbying to explain why you should be chosen to receive this position, which came with pay and health benefits. Many graduate students were disappointed when they were not chose, and the few who were chose were those who were the stronger students, and possibly those with previous work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Had to complete a group assignment with others interviewing for the position. Then gave a group presentation to approx. 7 supervisors. Second interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel confronting someone not following the rules?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC Riverside (Riverside, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

It is a little wired to talk about this interview right now. It happened 3 years ago. The hiring manager just asked a few questions about teaching experience. If you are a graduate student, there is no problem that you can do TA. And your English should be understandable.

Interview Questions

• Just ask a few questions about your teaching experience.   Answer Question