UC San Diego Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UC San Diego Health

2.7

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

My jngerview was postponed three times and my interviewer was twelve minutes late. I was interviewed by a panel of four. Quite professional at first. I was asked approximately twenty questions and then I was explained what the hiring manager was looking for in a candidate. I did not feel this interview was conducted properly.

Interview Questions

• If two staff members request the same day off, how do you decide which one is granted the pto?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health.

Interview

Phone interview screen, then a In person interview that lasted about an hour. Then they asked for a reference check that needed to be done before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize and organize your day when you are short on time   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you give top customer service to patients   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a successful patient case you had ?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a quick interview over the phone. My boss called me and asked me a few questions. It felt like more of a formality than an actual interview.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I applied online & was called exactly a week later to schedule an interview for an 1 on 1 interview. I was called back the same day for a second interview which was consisted of a 4 person panel. Most of the questions were aimed at getting to know me personality, if we could get along with each other & what exact skills I have to contribute to the department. Everyone was very friendly which helped since I was very nervous. Being hired to work at UCSD is a huge deal considering their research accomplishments & world wide influence. Also, you can't beat the pay & benefits when comparing to other hospital systems in San Diego.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate since the pay is outstanding & the benefits are awesome.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health.

Interview

I applied online and received a call approximately 3 weeks later to set up an in-person interview. Interviewed 1:1 with the manager. Interview consisted of only a couple behavioral questions that related to the position. Manager was soft spoken, unsure of her opinion.

Bioinformatics Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I sent my resume to the hiring PI of the lab advertising the position. I got a call almost immediately, the same day actually, and we talked about my background and about the position. Later I had some email contact asking for a list of my publications and references. I never heard anything back after that. It would have been nice to at least get a quick email letting me know that I was not going to be considered further.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about specific experience with sequencing technology.   Answer Question
    • I was asked about specific experience with genetic analysis software.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health.

Interview

Applied online and took about a month and a half to get called in for an interview. First interview was with the people I would be directly working with. The second interview was with the overall department head. Got hired about a week after the second interview. From application to hiring the process took about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straight forward and typically for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because amount was a decent bump up.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview for about 20 minutes. I then had a panel interview for about an hour. Everyone was friendly and accommodating to my schedule. The panel was created of different people of the department. The panel also asked about how much I knew about UCSD Health and I was able to learn about the department as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego Health.

Interview

Panel interview of five; each asked several questions. Surprised by the aggressiveness of the panel. I am not sure if it was a tactic they were using, but it was the opposite of what I experienced during my training and education at the hospital. I left the interview not wanting anything to do with organization again.

Interview Questions

• Few behavioral questions and several scenario questions   Answer Question

Interview

Applied onine via Port Triton website for students
    Received a phone call with immediate phone interview
    Hired on the spot, very easy interview, asked about work and leadership experiences and applicable skills