UC San Diego Interview Questions in La Jolla, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, choose 5 courses you want to tutor in , get email from the office, and get contacted by the instructor for further step if required. You may also have to take additional 2 unit course.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Tell me about yourself type question. No technical questions, a lot behavioral how would you react to...? The interview lasted about 30min wasn't. Asked about time commitment. They know that as a student you have to balance school and other activities so theyre pretty understanding of time.

Temporary Employess Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly traditional interview, but instead of being for a specific position, it was to see where you might fit in the larger scheme of things. They'll ask about your work history, your skills, and your goals. Then you'll take a 4 part qualification exam. First part is typing, second is business vocabulary, third, Excel proficiency, and finally Word proficiency. Then you'll do a live scan in office (for free!) and go back up to you interviewer to go over your results.

Interview Questions

• They'll want to know what kind of experience with academic settings you have.   1 Answer

Orientation Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First filled out the application form and was informed to attend a group interview within a week. The interview was separated into several sections where the group was assigned with different assignments or topics to discuss. During the entire process, there were former orientation leaders serve as observers and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit as an orientation leader   Answer Question

House Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Was pretty chill didn't ask any hard questions, just behavioral i guess. they were very kind and gentle. I was relaxed the whole time. during the whole time i was asked easy questions. I made sure t speak smoothly and confidently. One thing that was intimidating was that there were three people interviewing me which kinda freaked me out.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Applied online first and got an email telling me to interview. Interviewed with a panel of three and each of them just asked me a question at a time. They also went through the daily routine of what they expect the Administrative Assistant will do. Overall a pretty relaxing interview process for student workers who are looking for a part time job on campus

Interview Questions

• Q: Please tell us how your overall background has prepared you for this position and give us a quick overview of your current position   Answer Question
    • Q: How would you manage your time in an environment where you may have several large projects assigned to you that are due the same time?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Simple process. Enthusiasm, and interest is of utmost importance. I applied for a biology research assistant position. Your experience will largely depend on the research lab you join. Depending on group, some work experience is necessary. Class experience can sometimes substitute for experience, but you should do well in your classes!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Super chill. Basically went right into talking about scheduling and availability. Asked a few questions about hobbies, school life, time management. Then asked how you would respond to three different scenarios relating to customer service.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for a food service worker position for UCSD Health. Interview was pretty straight forward; I sat down with some RD's who asked me questions about my background and working in health care. They also asked me my knowledge of special diets for patients and my background in leadership. I did not get the job however, possibly due to being overqualified.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with patient diets?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't very difficult but required good knowledge. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to be around but preparation is key. Furthermore, the professor was looking for those students who were willing to put in time and effort as opposed to taking the job as a burden.

Interview Questions

• How I can contribute as TA?
      Why did you pick the Math department?
      How to solve a certain integral with Green's Theorem