UC San Diego Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.4

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA).

Interview

in person interview with a set of questions then skills tests

This was a one on one interview where hiring manager asked questions about experience, different scenarios, interests, etc. It was followed by a series of tests assessing typing, Word, Excel, and grammar skills. Then a review of those test results and a follow-up call.

Interview Questions

• previous experience, skills, how you responded to a problem, computer tests on typing/Word/Excel   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then I was brought in to meet with the management team, extensive background and reference checks. I was then offered the position from the HR representative over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How I handle change in the workplace.   1 Answer

Facility Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Vague and informal series of phone calls and unscheduled meetings in conjunction with an online application form. I was asked various questions about scheduling but was told there was little availability of work due to embedded "non student" employees. I pursued facilities management outside of the online application process which yielded the only actual interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much free time do you have?   1 Answer

Study Abroad Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

One interview, in-person, though Skype was offered as an alternative. They provided a parking space and the HR recruiter met me at my car. The entire interview was less than an hour. Though I didn't get the position, the hiring manager called to let me know, AND did it before the weekend. I have never experienced such kindness and consideration by a hiring office or university.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the position? How does it fit into your short & long term goals?   Answer Question
    • How do you contribute to a positive work environment?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, choose 5 courses you want to tutor in , get email from the office, and get contacted by the instructor for further step if required. You may also have to take additional 2 unit course.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through internal job posting system. Didn't hear back, so I followed up on my own. Got invited to the interview. I thought it didn't go well, so I followed up thanking them for this opportunity. Got immediatel hired.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Tell me about yourself type question. No technical questions, a lot behavioral how would you react to...? The interview lasted about 30min wasn't. Asked about time commitment. They know that as a student you have to balance school and other activities so theyre pretty understanding of time.

Temporary Employess Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (La Jolla, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly traditional interview, but instead of being for a specific position, it was to see where you might fit in the larger scheme of things. They'll ask about your work history, your skills, and your goals. Then you'll take a 4 part qualification exam. First part is typing, second is business vocabulary, third, Excel proficiency, and finally Word proficiency. Then you'll do a live scan in office (for free!) and go back up to you interviewer to go over your results.

Interview Questions

• They'll want to know what kind of experience with academic settings you have.   1 Answer

Staff Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Oral presentation of current research projects and 30minutes one-on-one interview with questions. I gave my presentation in front of the SIO Department, which took me about 30minutes. After that, there was another 30 minutes open discussion with questions related to my research or my personality. After that, I got a tour through the labs at SIO and visited possible future colleagues. I was introduced to other Professors and their labs and equipment. Finally, my current PI took me to lunch to discuss details about starting my projects in his lab and what kind of equipment I might need.

Interview Questions

• What are your long-term career objectives? What are your strengths? Weaknesses? What functions or tasks in your last position didn’t you like? Why? Why are you changing positions? What is your most difficult supervisory responsibility? Why? What interests you about this position/this college/this department? Why should I hire you (vs. other candidates)? Describe your research.   1 Answer

Student Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Diego (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the promotion via email to my managers. I had to provide my resume and cover letter. I was told I would have an interview within 2-3 days after they stopped taking applications. The interview itself was with managers I had already worked with, so it was a comfortable, non-hostile environment.

Interview Questions

• If you and another Lead disagreed about what to prioritize, what would you do?   1 Answer