UC San Francisco Analyst I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Analyst I Interview Questions

Interviews at UC San Francisco

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted via email to set up a phone interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. Asked standard questions regarding my resume information. A follow-up onsite meeting with staff was set up, and I met with direct supervisor as well as staff. I found it very curious that staff would opening discuss how nice everyone is, how easy the schedule is but nothing about what they do, opportunities to grow, interaction between other divisions within the department. I came away with the feeling that it was a very low achieving team who did not get any encouragement nor mentorship. I learned last person left after only a year. After the 30 minute meeting, I received an email invite to second job interview with faculty and director of division. This was a disappointing experience - I was very interested in the department and studied the organization and faculty I will be meeting, as well as prepared a list of questions that I wanted to ask. It was like 'speed dating' given only 10-15 minutes at the most to talk to each faculty, one of them kept me waiting outside his office because he was on the phone, which cut down our time to meet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job, with your experience and skills you will be bored.   1 Answer
  • They asked for a commitment of one year. I had asked the supervisor why did the last person leave, and she replied she left for an Analyst III position - more opportunity to grow. I asked the same question to faculty, they replied she left because of commuting difficulties.   1 Answer

After interviewing with staff, got the feeling of low morale and lack of mentoring and professional development. I take my job seriously, got the feeling they were only interested in what is in front of them. With faculty, it was mixed - the director of the division was fine with the way things are. Low motivation and expectations of their staff.

Other Interview Reviews for UC San Francisco

Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Submitted CV, emailed 3 weeks later, phone interview the following week. Asked to submit additional documents, was in touch with one of the interviewers about a job opening that was available but not the job I applied to, and applied for that job with her recommendation.

Analyst I Interview

Interview

Applied online through their website. I got a call a few days later and scheduled an interview the following week. First interview went fine and got scheduled for a follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring manager was pleasant and I had an enjoyable experience interviewing with her. However, it was clear I was over-qualified for the position with my experience and education. Despite my enthusiasm and reassurance, she must have felt that I would not stay long in the position supporting the chief-of-staff -- or that I would be jockeying for her job someday (?).