UC San Francisco Clinical Social Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was hired on after an internship. The interview was with the entire team. Since I knew them from interning there, I felt pretty comfortable during the interview and felt that my internship supervisor fully supported my desire to work there and even spoke on my behalf with the director. They also interviewed 2 other top candidates for the position -- who they eventually hired as positions became available. So, I was up against some very good candidates and felt really lucky to be offered the position in light of who I was up against. The HR process, back then, was much less onerous than it is now. With all the centralization changes made as part of the Operational Excellence initiative, it seems like things move much more slowly -- sluggish even -- through HR.

Interview Questions

• A short clinical vignette. It was so difficult, but it was important to answer thoroughly without blabbering on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I felt lucky to be offered a position on a team I really wanted to work on. And, since it was my first professional position after graduate school, I had no room to negotiate.