UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Interview Questions

Interviews at UC San Francisco

2.8

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

After applying for this position, I received an interview request. However, once I arrived at the interview, I was told that the position was not the one I applied for - it was for an Associate Director of Development position. I was then offered and accepted this higher-paying position, but was not given guidance around the description. When I asked for guidance, I was let go at a meeting that my supervisor told me was to clarify the position description. On the morning of the same day I was let go, an internal staff meeting included a welcome of someone who was just hired into the position I originally applied for. This was at the UDAR (University Development and Alumni Relations) office in San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any specific questions, but seemed more interested in my work experience doing administrative support at the NIH, but did not ask me what I actually did there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $20,000 a year more than I asked for.

Dentist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Easy one-day interview with a 20 minute interview with a faculty member and separately with a dental student. We also had a tour of the facilities. We also had to read a dense essay and write a reply.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Applied on the UCSF Brassring website. Heard back from one of the clinical research coordinators in the lab I applied for and received a phone Interview. Waiting to hear back about an in person interview.

Division Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

I was an internal applicant fo a department I’ve been working in for three years. Process felt long.
    Had an initial interview/screening with the department administrator after discussing the role and expressing interest/ applying online. Second round was a two hour interview with six of the individuals this role would be closely working with (individuals I already knew as an internal candidate). Reference request was sent out an completed after this round (although would have preferred this had been sent once interviews had been completed and if they had intended to offer me the role) . Last and final interview was with the medical director. Job offer was not extended - total time from application was about two months. Ultimately the final interviewee’s judgement call (which was the shortest at 15 minutes) was the most important - although my other interviews went well I did not get the role. Per feedback I was too nervous and the director felt I could not handle a group of physician’s demands.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

I interviewed for the new grad RN program. I was interviewed by two people for 2 different positions. It took about 30 minutes total. There were several simple scenario questions and the rest were experience based (ie. describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient etc.) I got a call back 1 week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult patient   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you felt unsatisfied with the care you gave   Answer Question

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied online, heard back a couple of weeks later, phone interview and then in-person interview a week later. Hiring process is lengthy but worth it. Interview style varies amongst each person interviewing you. Was asked basic questions and basically why I want this position and what skills and past experiences do I possess.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a couple of years? What past experiences and skills do you have that will help you with this job? Any hobbies? Three words to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

I applied via. UCSF's career website. Over two months later I get a weird survey email asking me about my experience dealing with UCSF's recruiter. Then a while later, I randomly get a very detailed email from a supervisor in the department of the position.

Instead of a normal interview process, I received 4 interview questions via. email. The Supervisor wanted me answer interview questions via. email.

Haven't heard from the person or anyone since. Very odd experience...

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can add to the team?

What is driving your desire to look for a new job?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening and then came in for an on site interview with 4 team members. After the on site I sent a thank you for interviewing and never received a response back or even a rejection.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (New Orleans, LA) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied for a research coordinator position with UCSF's organization, Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health. I applied online and was contacted via email within a week of applying. A 30 minute phone interview was conducted. I received an email a week after that to complete a video interview, where I interviewed for almost an hour with four people. I was told I would hear back in about a week. After that week passed and I heard nothing, I attempted to follow up on the status of my application by email. I never received a response from anyone. I feel the organization lacks respect for its prospective employees' time and efforts considering they did not even give me the courtesy of an email saying I hadn't been chosen for the position.

CRC Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

-apply online
    -phone screen (about 30 minutes, general questions and behavioral based questions)
    -in person interviews (one hour long with each person interviewing- behavioral based and consistent)
    -offer given via phone or email