UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Interview was great, very professional, felt very casual. Usually starts off with a skype or phone screen, in my experience it's mostly phone screens first. Then you have an in-person with the recruiter who usually shows you around. Afterwards you either get declined through email, asked for a second round, job offer, or just silence which means you didn't get it.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

People were nice, but overall was quite disorganized. The first interview was pleasant, but the second interview was canceled while we were still in the process of scheduling because the candidate had already been selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify a tumor as cancerous? How do you determine if a particular drug can treat it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your research experience/project.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join our lab?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

straight forward interview; asked about previous experience and what you can contribute to the company; what you looked for in the long term and what you wanted to take away from this experience

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

My phone interview with the PI lasted about 45 minutes. She asked about my research interests, qualifications, and research experience. In addition, she asked me to share my strengths/weaknesses, my work environment preferences, etc.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

using skype if you are not in CA, asked for the works you have done before in the lab and your interest fields, introduced the project they were doing and asked for some detailed technical questions

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

First is a pre-screen phone interview with the principal investigator's administrative assistant and then an in-person one on one interview with principal investigator -also met members of the lab at this moment

Chemical Hygiene Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people and the interview lasted for one hour at the EH and S building. Make sure you get there early, the parking was weird, plenty of spots available, just in a weird facilities road.

Interview Questions

• What are the controls, hazards associated with using tert-butyl lithium?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about UCSF's health services.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview went well and I was told if it was up to the interviewer she would select me to move on to the next step of the interview process. I followed up with a Thank you letter and the reply I received was there were other candidates more qualified however my application will be active for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I was contacted for a phone interview. Overall, the interviewer was pleasant, but I never heard back from the contact, even after emailing. The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, took about 30 minutes. Just mainly asked about my background in research and relative experiences. They mainly asked questions about things on my resume and to elaborate on what my daily tasks were. They also asked some technical questions about biology but nothing too specific. Overall, it was not a tricky interview just stayed honest.