UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UC San Francisco

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview spanned for 8 months with 3 visits. The employer asked detailed questions about previous job and reason for leaving. The employer also asked career goal and objectives. Overall it was smooth but it took much longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience, gave presentation, met all department faculties.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online, they called me with 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions in the interview were pretty standard and easy.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a lengthy process, but rewarding in the end. UCSF people are some of the nicest people I have met so far.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

fast paced interview. With a lot of questions on your previous research/work experience. Not so many questions on your understanding of the work the lab is currently doing though. Pretty easy process in general.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through Academic Recruiting, got an email from the PI, did a phone interview, visited the lab space, interviewed with the PI, interviewed with other PI's in the department and on the floor, was then called and emailed and offered the position and sent an offer letter. Then it took 1 month for onboarding/HR/etc.

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

My phone interview with the PI lasted about 45 minutes. She asked about my research interests, qualifications, and research experience. In addition, she asked me to share my strengths/weaknesses, my work environment preferences, etc.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Interview

Be prepared and have a thorough knowledge of your past experiences

Interview Questions

• Describe what projects, other than yours, in your previous labs you were most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the PI of the lab. It was very straightforward and casual. She asked me about my background, my experiences, availabilities, etc. The PI talked to me about what her projects are, and what responsibilities I would take on if I got the job. There was no phone screen prior to this -- the interview was set up through email.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. Walk me through your resume. 3. Why this position/Why do you think you're a good fit?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

First is a pre-screen phone interview with the principal investigator's administrative assistant and then an in-person one on one interview with principal investigator -also met members of the lab at this moment

Staff Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

3 visits for interviewing and a 4th trip for hiring paper work, human resources was not very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was something i did not like about a previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer 3 month probation period and stayed the salary.