UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on the UCSF website and was contacted a few days later. It was a little confusing because there were multiple HR roles open and so two different recruiters contacted me for the same role but just from different departments. I had two phone interviews for both roles, and was then invited to come onsite for the roles, separately. The way that they interview is completely outdated. You're sitting in a room with 4-5 people on the other side of the table and each interviewer basically goes down the line and reads a question to you from a piece of paper. I always thought I was a good interviewer but I was definitely having problems with remembering the questions that they would read to me. It was pretty intimidating. Both of the interviews went that way. The hiring managers said that they liked me, but it took them almost a month to get back to me to tell me that they hired someone for the roles I interviewed for, but they thought I would be a good candidate for yet another HR role. The recruiter asked if I'd be interested in interviewing for it and I decided to just move on because the thought of going through a third interview panel didn't seem like something that I wanted to do again and it seemed like the hiring process takes forever.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would help someone with a question about a policy.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Interview was great, very professional, felt very casual. Usually starts off with a skype or phone screen, in my experience it's mostly phone screens first. Then you have an in-person with the recruiter who usually shows you around. Afterwards you either get declined through email, asked for a second round, job offer, or just silence which means you didn't get it.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

People were nice, but overall was quite disorganized. The first interview was pleasant, but the second interview was canceled while we were still in the process of scheduling because the candidate had already been selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify a tumor as cancerous? How do you determine if a particular drug can treat it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your research experience/project.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join our lab?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

straight forward interview; asked about previous experience and what you can contribute to the company; what you looked for in the long term and what you wanted to take away from this experience

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

My phone interview with the PI lasted about 45 minutes. She asked about my research interests, qualifications, and research experience. In addition, she asked me to share my strengths/weaknesses, my work environment preferences, etc.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

using skype if you are not in CA, asked for the works you have done before in the lab and your interest fields, introduced the project they were doing and asked for some detailed technical questions

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

First is a pre-screen phone interview with the principal investigator's administrative assistant and then an in-person one on one interview with principal investigator -also met members of the lab at this moment

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview. The whole process took about a month. I got a call from the lab manager to schedule a phone interview with PI. During the interview, she asked me about my interests, future plan ( a lot of people take a gap year to work in lab before they go to PhD or Medical school), and some of my experience on my resume. It was pretty easy, no technical questions. Then she asked for 3 references and called them individually, which took another week. After that, I had a phone call with 2 other clinical staffs in the lab, they asked about my interests, why I want to work there, my future plan. I got an offer a 1-2 days after their 2nd phone call.

Chemical Hygiene Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people and the interview lasted for one hour at the EH and S building. Make sure you get there early, the parking was weird, plenty of spots available, just in a weird facilities road.

Interview Questions

• What are the controls, hazards associated with using tert-butyl lithium?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about UCSF's health services.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview went well and I was told if it was up to the interviewer she would select me to move on to the next step of the interview process. I followed up with a Thank you letter and the reply I received was there were other candidates more qualified however my application will be active for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer