UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.7

Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

straight forward interview; asked about previous experience and what you can contribute to the company; what you looked for in the long term and what you wanted to take away from this experience

Junior Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

My phone interview with the PI lasted about 45 minutes. She asked about my research interests, qualifications, and research experience. In addition, she asked me to share my strengths/weaknesses, my work environment preferences, etc.

Lab Technician Interview

Interview

First is a pre-screen phone interview with the principal investigator's administrative assistant and then an in-person one on one interview with principal investigator -also met members of the lab at this moment

Chemical Hygiene Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people and the interview lasted for one hour at the EH and S building. Make sure you get there early, the parking was weird, plenty of spots available, just in a weird facilities road.

Interview Questions

• What are the controls, hazards associated with using tert-butyl lithium?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about UCSF's health services.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview went well and I was told if it was up to the interviewer she would select me to move on to the next step of the interview process. I followed up with a Thank you letter and the reply I received was there were other candidates more qualified however my application will be active for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then I was contacted for a phone interview. Overall, the interviewer was pleasant, but I never heard back from the contact, even after emailing. The interview mostly consisted of behavioral questions.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, multiple in person interviews; 2 hours of behavioral questions from 2 separate coordinators but really nice people and very low key. They want people that can commit to around 2 years at least so I could not continue in the process since I wanted to apply to medical school before that. But the experience seems like a great one for someone who wants to go into a healthcare field. There is lots of patient interaction and you work closely with really intelligent and well known physicians.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize your tasks   1 Answer

They wanted 2 years minimum and I wanted to pursue medical school before that.

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. About a month later, the hiring manager called me to do a phone screen. A week after that, I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another manager, then a panel interview with three prospective coworkers. A month later, I was contacted for three references and a couple of weeks after that I was offered the position.

Both the phone screen and in-person interview were very easy and, despite the second interview being a panel, not nerve-wracking. They asked basic questions ("What's a weakness of yours?" "Why are you interested in this job?") and a few impromptu questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How you would respond if a person in authority asked you to do something that is in conflict with an established policy (e.g. HIPAA)?   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received an email asking to interview me one month after I applied online. It was an interview with 2 people. They informed me that the position was not permanent.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on current technology and trends?   1 Answer
    • What is VPN?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer makes you angry?   1 Answer

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (New York, NY).

Interview

Someone called me at the department and had a phone interview with me. They did not reply to my emails after I followed up. I thought the least they can do it reply back to an email saying if they were going to follow through.