UC San Francisco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, multiple in person interviews; 2 hours of behavioral questions from 2 separate coordinators but really nice people and very low key. They want people that can commit to around 2 years at least so I could not continue in the process since I wanted to apply to medical school before that. But the experience seems like a great one for someone who wants to go into a healthcare field. There is lots of patient interaction and you work closely with really intelligent and well known physicians.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you prioritize your tasks   1 Answer

They wanted 2 years minimum and I wanted to pursue medical school before that.

Research Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. About a month later, the hiring manager called me to do a phone screen. A week after that, I had an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another manager, then a panel interview with three prospective coworkers. A month later, I was contacted for three references and a couple of weeks after that I was offered the position.

Both the phone screen and in-person interview were very easy and, despite the second interview being a panel, not nerve-wracking. They asked basic questions ("What's a weakness of yours?" "Why are you interested in this job?") and a few impromptu questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• How you would respond if a person in authority asked you to do something that is in conflict with an established policy (e.g. HIPAA)?   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received an email asking to interview me one month after I applied online. It was an interview with 2 people. They informed me that the position was not permanent.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date on current technology and trends?   1 Answer
    • What is VPN?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a customer makes you angry?   1 Answer

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (New York, NY).

Interview

Someone called me at the department and had a phone interview with me. They did not reply to my emails after I followed up. I thought the least they can do it reply back to an email saying if they were going to follow through.

Senior Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online in September 2016 and was invited to the PI's office in late October for a panel interview. Arrived for my interview which consisted of the PI and Co-PIs so three people in total. Each of them asked me a series of set interview questions they had prepared for each candidate so it was definitely structured. Panel interviews can be intimidating so I made sure to try to make each of them smile by closing with a funny. I think they liked it since they offered me the job.

Research Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted through email almost three months later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was standard; the lab manager asked about my previous lab jobs and briefly described the responsibilities of the research associate position. If the phone interview went well, the manager would contact you to set up an in-person interview at the lab.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with a clinical population?   Answer Question

Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a 15 minutes phone interview first and then was invited for an in-person interview the following week. I interviewed with four people from the department. I spoke with each person separately for about 15-20 minutes. It felt easygoing and conversational. They spent most of the time telling me about the position. Then they asked about my experience, as well as personal questions about my interests and hobbies. I was there for 2 hours total. I didn't get the job, but it was still a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume via the UCSF jobs website. I received an email from the person I would be working for (not my technical supervisor), we coordinated an interview time, and then had a Skype interview. At the end they asked for a few references, who they contacted very shortly thereafter and then I received an offer early the following week. The entire process was pretty quick - i would say 4-5 days.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you are good at, and where can you improve?   Answer Question

Junior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through Academic Recruiting, got an email from the PI, did a phone interview, visited the lab space, interviewed with the PI, interviewed with other PI's in the department and on the floor, was then called and emailed and offered the position and sent an offer letter. Then it took 1 month for onboarding/HR/etc.

Fundraising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was rigorous but it was effective. It began in July 2016 through the end of August 2016, 3 interviews in total. I received an offer mid September with a start date early October.