UC San Francisco Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at UC San Francisco

2.3

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Took me around the lab and had me meet with each of lab members; asked me about what my career interests were and what I was planning to do in the next few years; Are genuinely interested in your career and seem to want people who are willing to stay there between 2-3 years.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UC San Francisco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Phone call and phone interview outlining the job, then an in person meeting where we talked about the responsibilities. Was offered the job immediately after.

Not interesting job

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in April 2017.

Interview

using skype if you are not in CA, asked for the works you have done before in the lab and your interest fields, introduced the project they were doing and asked for some detailed technical questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

People were nice, but overall was quite disorganized. The first interview was pleasant, but the second interview was canceled while we were still in the process of scheduling because the candidate had already been selected.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify a tumor as cancerous? How do you determine if a particular drug can treat it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your research experience/project.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join our lab?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with PI interview, then I had three different interviews with other lab mates. The questions were not too difficult, but I had to know the details of my research experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your research background?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Email of interest. Then phone interview for about 15 - 20 minutes, very straightforward. 5 hour in person group interview, which was weird. Interviewed the hiring manager and then the person leaving the position. Also included demonstration and an invited speaker talk.

Interview Questions

• Name something you did that others say you can not or should not do.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

thoughtful, but not insightful... good start for fresh grads. the interview process is fairly straight forward, mostly HR questions. Indeed, certain basic knowledge is required. However, nothing in dept, or more than a fresh graduate cant handle.