UC San Francisco Staff Research Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Staff Research Associate II Interview Questions

Interviews at UC San Francisco

2.0

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My undergraduate mentor collaborated with this UCSF lab and asked them to meet me for an informational interview. They did not have an opening at the time, but they agreed to meet me anyway. I went to UCSF, where they showed me around the lab and introduced me to the whole team. I casually spoke with the principal investigator and managers. Then, to my surprise, they offered me a job at the end of the tour. I think my mentor had talked me up beforehand, planting the seed in UCSF's mind that I may be worth creating a job opening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in this field. (This was not a difficult interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since I had another offer elsewhere, they sort of did the negotiating for me. They bumped up my salary without me asking.

Other Interview Reviews for UC San Francisco

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

initial phone interview, then in person interview with the PI and the direct supervisor.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about working a couple of hours on every weekend?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

Phone interview, then sit down in person interview

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

They seem nice but behind the door is depend on who is favorable. Some of the coworker will be watching you and bring all thing about you to the supervisor to get credit. The supervisor will treat you depend on who give the best treat to her. You will never need to see the PI.

Interview Questions

• They don't even have much knowledge about it. So not really difficult question at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will say they are very flexible cause they don't really about the job. so you will be fine. Easy job and easy to get money.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I started with a phone interview, asking about my work experience, interest in the job, and career goals. I then went for an in person with multiple rounds of interviews with various faculty and analysts I would be working with. The questions were on different topics related to quantitative skills, qualitative skills, writing skills, and organizational skills.

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC San Francisco.

Interview

Emaling the supervisor you will be working for directly is much better than going through their site. Their site is horrid and their filtering system will automatically reject all the applicants who dont have exactly the requirements.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online through UCSF's website, I was contacted for a a phone interview which was followed by a one on one meeting with the Principal Investigator that was hiring me. The one on one interview had to do with my background in research, personal qualities, and desire to work at UCSF. During this interview I was given a tour of lab and facility, I also met with researchers and collaborators.

Interview Questions

• Reason for applying as research associate instead of going to graduate school?   1 Answer

Staff Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview. The whole process took about a month. I got a call from the lab manager to schedule a phone interview with PI. During the interview, she asked me about my interests, future plan ( a lot of people take a gap year to work in lab before they go to PhD or Medical school), and some of my experience on my resume. It was pretty easy, no technical questions. Then she asked for 3 references and called them individually, which took another week. After that, I had a phone call with 2 other clinical staffs in the lab, they asked about my interests, why I want to work there, my future plan. I got an offer a 1-2 days after their 2nd phone call.