UC San Francisco Staff Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC San Francisco Staff Research Associate Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

- Applied online through their job portal system and was contacted a week later by an HR person (though I had already heard from the position from within; from a contact I had from a previous internship at UCSF)
- Asked for my availability, scheduled for an interview later that week
- Arrived at interview, met with a few people from the lab, and was taken around the campus and given a tour
- Called in for another round of interviews, this time with the PI of the lab
- Received a job offer a few days after

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous lab experience, future career goals, why this lab, etc. Very basic questions (that are to be expected when applying) for a research position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UC San Francisco

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC San Francisco (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

3 visits for interviewing and a 4th trip for hiring paper work, human resources was not very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What was something i did not like about a previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer 3 month probation period and stayed the salary.

Staff Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UC San Francisco in May 2012.

Interview

Sent email to professor indicating interest in their work. Received reply a few days later asking to discuss the position in person. First meeting was 1:1 interview with professor highlighting responsibilities of the position and a couple questions regarding previous laboratory experience (what did I like/dislike?). Professor asked about career goals and interests as well. Interview ended in approximately 40 minutes with no offer, but was told I would know within a week.

Next interview started with meeting lab manager and other research associates in the lab, and ended with a short meeting with the professor. Position was then officially offered and accepted. This took around 1.5 hours total.

Interview Questions

• What did you like and dislike about your previous lab experience?   Answer Question