UC Santa Cruz Administrative Assistant III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UC Santa Cruz Administrative Assistant III Interview Questions

2.5

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz.

Interview

The hiring process at the University takes a while because of fair hiring practices. Just remember that the questions they ask you are the questions they HAVE to ask all the candidates, so sometimes they are repetitive or not applicable. Everyone you interview with takes notes, so be sure to give detailed answers with examples!

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't too difficult, but the toughest would be " Give an example of a staff issue you have had in the past with a coworker or manager and how it was solved?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

After you get a call from your unit, you get a call from staff HR. They usually lowball the first offer, so make sure you negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for UC Santa Cruz

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was asked to give my specific experience with a number of skills ahead of time. I was also given questions up front so that I could consider my answers. As far as I know, this is rather uncommon practice at UCSC for this type of position. Everyone was very friendly and I got excellent feedback after the interview. They were clear about when they would get back to me, and they followed through.

Interview Questions

• I had the questions ahead of time, so there wasn't really anything unexpected. I don't recall any of the specific questions or any of them being particularly difficult. I always dislike the question about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When they made the offer, I asked if any of the benefits were negotiable, such as vacation time, and they said that UC does not allow negotiation of benefits. So I asked for several levels higher than their offer and they asked me to write a letter explaining why I thought I deserved that pay. A few days after I submitted my letter, they accepted my counter-offer.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

Application was online with standard resume uploaded. The wait before the interview was about 1 month. Ten people were interviewed for the position. I think I got the job because of letters of reference and prior work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with difficult personalities.   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience with hardware and software recoveries.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about multi-tasking and working as a team player.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The State of California has limited negotiations for salary rate, but has very good benefits packages.