UC Santa Cruz Interview Questions in Santa Cruz, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.3

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 on 1 interview that lasted an hour, which included a mock 5 minute presentation to high schoolers that was at the end. About 10 questions which they let me review 15 minutes before the interview. Interview was round robin style. Formal, polite, one of the interviewers was really friendly while the other two were intimidating. Took way too long to hear about an offer, about a month. Was a temporary position.

Interview Questions

• What was something that went wrong and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Reader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I did not have an interview process. A former upper-division professor of mine asked me to work for them. I was summoned because I did extremely well in their class.

IT Support Specialist Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

Very friendly and concise. Interview took around 15-20 minutes. All questions were focused on personality. A 2 panel group interviews you while switching off asking questions. Both are observing you and writing down your answers.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Kind interviewers and lots os back and forth conversation. Yep way street. But it'd took them so ooooo long to followed up after interview. Entire process well over 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell about one time you had conflict with a CIO worker asked how you worked it out.   Answer Question

University Relations Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

The interviewer was very straight forward, asked questions regarding using multi lined phone systems, professional environment experience, phone etiquette, assisting people in person as well as via the phone, directing phone traffic to its respective recipients etc. The interview concluded with a tour of the office, introducing me to various people throughout the department. Everything was on time and orderly. Seemed like a very efficient, productive, and positive working environment.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in work environments in the past?   Answer Question

Assistant Food Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA).

Interview

It was a group of interviewers comprised of Admin, Unit Mgrs, and other managerial staff, and me. They had a series of questions listed on a sheet of paper that they handed me and each had themselves. They started at number one and proceeded to ask me each question one by one as they went around the table.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your experience in food service management.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Resume, cover letter and application questions followed by a 45 minute interview over Skype. The interview was more serious than the actual job was and was one of the most rigorous interviews I've ever had. The interviewers asked about my time abroad as well as my technical skills and scenario questions. I got the job and it was followed by a three day intensive training.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a student that had no idea where they wanted to go abroad except that they knew they wanted to go abroad?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was well organized once it started, but was very off put by a VERY long wait. I had applied to the position 5 months before I ever heard anything back. Panel was well balanced and questions were give in advance.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel consisting of two managers and a supervisor in the department I was looking to work for. The process took about 45 minutes to an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle an environment where issues and problems pertaining to confidential information arise fairly rapidly.   Answer Question

Senior Maintenance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UC Santa Cruz (Santa Cruz, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Prior knowledge of maintenance processes are 100% required. Previous experience within the UCSC maintenance team is also required, preferably in the area of 1 or 2 years. The interview revolves primarily around how you would operate a team. There are typically a few managers who you have operated under below and they are the ones asking you sets of questions to see if you are a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• If one of your students were a good friend but had repeated absences, how would you handle their absenteeism?   1 Answer