UCB Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

Interview went well but the feedback process was a huge disappointment. Was informed initially that it went well, only to receive a call same day that it didn't! After that there was no other feedback from them.

Principal Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCB.

Interview

Application direct to company, pre-interview on phone 30 min. 5 hr interview, very unprofessional. Not offered water. Half interviewers didn't know what they were interviewing me for. Questions repeated several times

PV Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCB (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The panel did not appear to have people skills all that much. The focus was on the technical challenges and the management appeared quite stress out. Basic questions like "what is your management style" and "how would you motivate a new employee", went unanswered. I raised my concerns where upon, to my amazement, I was told "Well, they are not really interviewers".

They could not match my salary expectation, and definitely not my expectations of the competence and leadership of a senior management.

Interview Questions

• General resume and competency based questions, like how would you motivate   1 Answer

Could not see how the senior manager would be able to lead

PhD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UCB (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

Pleasant interviewers who wanted you to clearly display an interest and passion in science. They wanted to be clear that you understood their mission statement: "Inspired by patients. Driven by science."

Interview Questions

• Mechanism of chemical reactions   1 Answer

I Year University Sandwich Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCB (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

One of the best interviews I have been to.
    The group leader, and two principal scientists related to the project sat me down. Friendly chat.

They asked open ended questions related to scientific procedures I should have learnt in the second year of university.
    They responded well to enthusiasm, even if the correct answer was not given.

Interview Questions

• You're given a protein of interest, and we don't know anything about it. What would we do to find out more?   1 Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCB (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2009.

Interview

Applied directly to UCB and was given a date for a on-site interview. I was interviewed by 2 of the senior scientists in the group and given a lab tour by another one of the group memebers. The interview itself was relatively relaxed, I was asked about my qualifications and why I was suitable for the job. Following this I was asked to come in for another interview with the group leader and then HR. The group leader focussed a lot on technical details and wanted to check my aptitude for the job. The HR interview was more of a Q&A.