UCLA Assistant Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2016

2.0

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet with faculty and discuss about their research interests and also about the research environment at UCLA. Gave a 45 minute seminar and at the end met with the chief of the division to discuss in greater detail about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in joining UCLA and our division?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UCLA

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCLA in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online, was then called for interview. It was a long 2 day process starting early morning with breakfast interview, then a series of 1-on-1s (about 30/50 minutes each), then a presentation then more meetings -- and was treated to dinner (both evenings).
    Very tiring process, but everyone was very friendly and nobody was quite 'out to get me'. Very cordial and interesting talks on all the 1-on-1 meetings.

Interview Questions

• What do you want me to remember about you that should make you stand out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Went back and forth a few times, there were some issues I needed to resolve before accepting. Everything was very smooth.