UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.3

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one in person interview. Questions about resume looked at some projects on my resume, and asked a coding problem. They were looking for previous experience with the technologies they used or something closely related so that you could learn their technologies quickly.

Interview Questions

• write a function that prints the 10 most frequently used words in a string.   Answer Question

Technology Transfer Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was with a contracted 3rd party who does screening interviews for UCLA. The interviewer made it clear that it is going to be a screening interview.

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first went through a phone interview. Then got an email asking for in person interview. First, I met with a manager and then other team members fellowed in the interviewing process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview 1st : behavior 2nd : behavior 3rd: technical. Interviewee was very kind and helpful however I had to use the program language I never had experience in

Interview Questions

• analyze the given dataset and make a presentation out of your finding   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

I was contacted by the department within a week of submitting an online application. She asked for a phone interview the same day (she emailed at 11am and asked to chat after 3pm).

The interview took 30 minutes. She went through a list of questions and it wasn't engaging at all.

I sent a thank you email the same day and heard back from her right away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you leaving your current job? What's your weakness? What do you not like about your current position? Do you have any experience in ledger reconciliation? How well do you know Excel? How are you different than other candidates?   Answer Question

PICU Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2016.

Interview

There were two separate interviews. The first one was with two assistant managers in one of the UCLA office buildings. The second was a two part interview. One with a panel of nurses, the other with the manager of the unit. It ended with a tour of the unit as well.

Interview Questions

• All was very behavioral based. A big one was why the PICU!   Answer Question

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The interview process was easy but the question in a survey they issued were unethical and didn't make sense. They use these questions that are very repetitive in the survey so that you don't understand what they truly saying. It basically playing a mind game with you so you don't get hired.

Title IX Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my materials and got a call a few months later. Then an interview was scheduled. I was told this may be the only interview (no multiple rounds), which sounded odd. They wouldn't fly me out so I interviewed by video. They required me to do a presentation and I felt at a disadvantage being on video, which I expressed prior to the interview. I found out a couple weeks later that I was a finalist, and references and a writing sample were requested. Several weeks went by. I asked for an update - twice. I was told a decision was imminent. I found out that evening I was not selected. I don't think they ever intended to hire me and wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an internal candidate.

Full Time Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an individual interview with five of their employees and Took about and hour. This was my first ever interview in my professional field so I didn't know what to expect. The interviewers were very nice and the questions being asked were pretty general. In the last 15 mins they started asking me technical questions and they where not that hard either.

Interview Questions

• You said you have taken algorithm classes, tell me what you think the Big-O would be for this piece of code.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Took a long time. People are very nice and proud of the university. Seems to be plenty opportunity to move around and develop. Good benefits are offered. Company seems to appreciate employees with experience regardless of age.