UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interview sessions with the Dept. Manager and Medical Directors and with other staff and it was a nice smooth interview conversations. The interview questions were same with the 2nd session with the Medical Director asking for more questions which I have answered it appropriately.

UCLA Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant interviewing process. The team was professional and at ease, which put us at ease. I am in the middle of the interviewing process and am anticipating a positive outcome.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone to schedule an in-person interview. The interview last 45 minutes to an hour with at least 15 minutes consisting of the interviewer telling me how low the pay would be and how stressful the department was. I was given a writing test at the end of the interview, and was called back two days later for a second in-person interview. The second in-person interview was disorganized and consisted of me facing a panel of the entire department; they each posed questions though no one was moderating so there were some long pauses between questions and answers. There was one interviewer present who did not seem to like my experience or answers and her body language, facial expressions, and responses were off-putting; the other interviewers were either friendly and engaging, or passive. The second interview lasted for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge; tell me three adjectives that describe you and give me an example for each one; what makes you qualified for this position; internal policy-specific questions that anyone who wasn't a UCLA employee would not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers' asked me about my future goals in research and what I hope to get out of the position. Additionally, they were interested in my past experiences and asked me personality questions such as " Do you work best with groups or alone?"

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one in person interview. Questions about resume looked at some projects on my resume, and asked a coding problem. They were looking for previous experience with the technologies they used or something closely related so that you could learn their technologies quickly.

Interview Questions

• write a function that prints the 10 most frequently used words in a string.   Answer Question

Technology Transfer Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was with a contracted 3rd party who does screening interviews for UCLA. The interviewer made it clear that it is going to be a screening interview.

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first went through a phone interview. Then got an email asking for in person interview. First, I met with a manager and then other team members fellowed in the interviewing process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview 1st : behavior 2nd : behavior 3rd: technical. Interviewee was very kind and helpful however I had to use the program language I never had experience in

Interview Questions

• analyze the given dataset and make a presentation out of your finding   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

I was contacted by the department within a week of submitting an online application. She asked for a phone interview the same day (she emailed at 11am and asked to chat after 3pm).

The interview took 30 minutes. She went through a list of questions and it wasn't engaging at all.

I sent a thank you email the same day and heard back from her right away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you leaving your current job? What's your weakness? What do you not like about your current position? Do you have any experience in ledger reconciliation? How well do you know Excel? How are you different than other candidates?   Answer Question

PICU Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2016.

Interview

There were two separate interviews. The first one was with two assistant managers in one of the UCLA office buildings. The second was a two part interview. One with a panel of nurses, the other with the manager of the unit. It ended with a tour of the unit as well.

Interview Questions

• All was very behavioral based. A big one was why the PICU!   Answer Question