UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The application process was simple: Online application, set up interview time via email, interview on site. The interview itself was a traditional interview with three department members consisting of mostly behavioral questions. The question difficulties range from easy to moderate.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Just talk to all the faculty in the field. They decide whether your interests and their interests match and also whether you have the knowledge base they require for their lab.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long. I had to do one phone interview. 2 in person interviews and a computer test. There's two orientations that are mandortory. But everything seems very promising and rewarding. Patiences is the key:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Porter Ranch, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and the same day the hiring manager called to set up an interview, after the interview it took quite a long time to hear back from them, about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UCLA?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was highly enjoyable. They flew us out for a weekend in LA and put us up in a posh hotel and fed us very well. We saw presentations from current students and got to meet with a variety of PIs that we requested from a list. Each interview with the PI was informative and they were all very willing to discuss their work and provide insights into life and work at UCLA.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research experience   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone interview. Once screened then, I was booked for a in person interview with two of the hiring agents. I was sent an email, to bring the necessary items. I have the interview tomorrow and I am excited and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my role was, and how I deal with my co-workers.   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one in person interview. Questions about resume looked at some projects on my resume, and asked a coding problem. They were looking for previous experience with the technologies they used or something closely related so that you could learn their technologies quickly.

Interview Questions

• write a function that prints the 10 most frequently used words in a string.   Answer Question

Technology Transfer Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was with a contracted 3rd party who does screening interviews for UCLA. The interviewer made it clear that it is going to be a screening interview.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

simple process, phone interview/screen with HR. interviewed with 4 different people on sight. had to take a written exam, which was fairly easy. asked a variety of different questions, some were behavioral some were based on my experience. Met finally with the director, who was very friendly. didn't ask too many difficult questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

Brief and easy as it was a work study position, asked basic behavior questions and asked if I had a basic background in accounting. Asked if I was willing to learn new softwares and willing to commit about 20 hours a week to this position.