UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.6

Pharmacy Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The interview process was easy but the question in a survey they issued were unethical and didn't make sense. They use these questions that are very repetitive in the survey so that you don't understand what they truly saying. It basically playing a mind game with you so you don't get hired.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Grueling: two interviews with 3-5 psychologists or doctors each time. Some of them were very nice and the interview questions were appropriate and thoughtful. Others were disrespectful and rude. Overall, it left a very distasteful feeling for me. I did get called back for a second interview, but never went for the background check because I decided I didn't want to work for a hunch of pretentious people lacking compassion. Ironically, they told me I was the runner up for the position.

Interview Questions

• Many, many questions. One question was why I had about a four month gap in work history. I answered the question honestly- that I had lost a pregnancy in my second trimester and needed time to recover. Interviewer did not like that answer. Also, they expected me to work long hours and required a master's, but then seemed put off that I didn't want a PhD.   1 Answer

Software Development Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2010.

Interview

Got an email from coordinator one week ago. Go the the on campus interview office. Sign in and then two round back to back interview.

Interview Questions

• Print the result of 2to(i)*5to(j) from the smallest one to the largest one without the upper bound.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Engaging and interactive. Knowledgeable interviewers. Professional. Group and Panel. Phone interview was done with a recruiter. 2 schedules of Panel and group interviews. The questions were very familiar as they are only interested on you discussing on your previous job or tasks and those that I can apply to the Job I am applying to. It took a long time from the beginning of the job application process to hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How are you a good fit to the position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called one week after submitting my online application for a phone interview. I received an invitation for an in person interview the next day. When I arrived to the interview I was given a computer task to complete. After I completed that task, an interviewer stepped in to show me a new task to complete. Finally I was taken to a conference room where I was interviewed for what felt like an eternity. The questions were endless and every question had a follow up question and another follow up question. I felt like I was interviewing for a government job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

I was contacted by the department within a week of submitting an online application. She asked for a phone interview the same day (she emailed at 11am and asked to chat after 3pm).

The interview took 30 minutes. She went through a list of questions and it wasn't engaging at all.

I sent a thank you email the same day and heard back from her right away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you leaving your current job? What's your weakness? What do you not like about your current position? Do you have any experience in ledger reconciliation? How well do you know Excel? How are you different than other candidates?   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an in-person interview with 2 people. It lasted about half an hour. Pretty much all of the questions were behavioral ones. The next step was a coding data test. I completed the test and sent it in, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what kind of quantifiable research I'd done in the past.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Great - professors and students really seek a good match. I spoke with several professors about my interests, and asked them questions about their research. I tried to find areas of common interest, where we both got excited about a particular question of research - especially a question that can be answered through empirical study. First you interview, then you submit an application. The overall experience was good, if nerve-wracking.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in? Why this school? Which professors do you want to work with and why? What do you want to do after graduate school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two professors during the first interview. This went really well as they were very personable and explained what the duties for the role involve. I received an invitation for a second interview about a week later as this was during thanksgiving. The second interview was really tough. I can definitely attribute my not getting the job to this interview but that is okay. The interviewer was very stern!

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals? How do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Statement of purpose, standardized exams, GRE, TOEFL scores, transcripts, strong academic profile, recommendation letters from faculty members, past research experience is a plus, no on-site or phone interviews, teaching experience is preferred for scientific positions. Definitely make sure to have open house campus visits and talk to the fellow graduate students to have a better idea on what to expect for the first few years