UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a very short, simple set of questions about involvement on campus and interest in assisting in the advancement of the university. Largely the process involved getting to know the candidates and judging their capacity to work in a client-facing capacity.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

3 interviews in total. One with a supervisor, than Assistant Resident Hall Manager (ARHM), than RHM. The first two are the most difficult. The third one lasted about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Have you had experience working with others in the past?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via phone to schedule an in-person interview. The interview last 45 minutes to an hour with at least 15 minutes consisting of the interviewer telling me how low the pay would be and how stressful the department was. I was given a writing test at the end of the interview, and was called back two days later for a second in-person interview. The second in-person interview was disorganized and consisted of me facing a panel of the entire department; they each posed questions though no one was moderating so there were some long pauses between questions and answers. There was one interviewer present who did not seem to like my experience or answers and her body language, facial expressions, and responses were off-putting; the other interviewers were either friendly and engaging, or passive. The second interview lasted for 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge; tell me three adjectives that describe you and give me an example for each one; what makes you qualified for this position; internal policy-specific questions that anyone who wasn't a UCLA employee would not know the answer to.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Cruel and tearful .I would never apply any jobs at UCLA again. People there are very harsh and make non-sense.I would never ever go there again.They did not even offer me a drink during my interview. They asked me stupid questions and wanted me to raise them up

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The inteview process consisted of two stages: (1) The behavioral questions (and resume review) interview, which lasted about 30 minutes, and (2) the technical interview, where I was asked several low level C questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time where you had to work with difficult coworkers. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

UCLA Float Pool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant interviewing process. The team was professional and at ease, which put us at ease. I am in the middle of the interviewing process and am anticipating a positive outcome.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard - phone interview and two in-person interviews throughout a span of 3 weeks. Met with individuals on team in addition to a group panel. Final interview was with leadership team.

Interview Questions

• Most questions centered on previous work experience as it would relate to existing opportunity. Very standard interview questions with nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

It was a lifeguard testing before the interview. Interview was easy and straightforward. Asked questions like: what do you hope to gain from here, why do you want to work with us.

Clinical Research RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had 2 interview sessions with the Dept. Manager and Medical Directors and with other staff and it was a nice smooth interview conversations. The interview questions were same with the 2nd session with the Medical Director asking for more questions which I have answered it appropriately.

Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I created a log in and applied via the student job portal on the UCLA website. I received an email offering a time for an interview. I was asked about how thoroughly I can document data and my ability to apply statistics in data management. I was also asked on how well I can delegate tasks among a team.

Interview Questions

• How well I can manage my time   1 Answer