UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Social Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty simple process. I just reviewed my resume before heading in and talked about how my experiences were relevant; nothing tricky really since the hiring process is quite straightforward and meant to hire students.

Technology Transfer Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was with a contracted 3rd party who does screening interviews for UCLA. The interviewer made it clear that it is going to be a screening interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The application process was simple: Online application, set up interview time via email, interview on site. The interview itself was a traditional interview with three department members consisting of mostly behavioral questions. The question difficulties range from easy to moderate.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long. I had to do one phone interview. 2 in person interviews and a computer test. There's two orientations that are mandortory. But everything seems very promising and rewarding. Patiences is the key:

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Just talk to all the faculty in the field. They decide whether your interests and their interests match and also whether you have the knowledge base they require for their lab.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Department flew everyone in for a large meeting at the beginning. Every student was to meet a few professors to discuss opportunities within groups. Thereafter each interview with professors varied widely in their questions. Come prepared to discuss why their research interests you. After that, network with current grads and head home the next day.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one in person interview. Questions about resume looked at some projects on my resume, and asked a coding problem. They were looking for previous experience with the technologies they used or something closely related so that you could learn their technologies quickly.

Interview Questions

• write a function that prints the 10 most frequently used words in a string.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

One of my friends worked here and sent me the information for the job. I emailed my resume and cover letter to manager in charge. Scheduled an interview a few days later. I interviewed with two people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about myself, how my friends would describe me, my greatest accomplishment, my strengths, my weaknesses, why I wanted to work there, how the job related to my career goals, etc.   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Engaging and interactive. Knowledgeable interviewers. Professional. Group and Panel. Phone interview was done with a recruiter. 2 schedules of Panel and group interviews. The questions were very familiar as they are only interested on you discussing on your previous job or tasks and those that I can apply to the Job I am applying to. It took a long time from the beginning of the job application process to hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How are you a good fit to the position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Porter Ranch, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and the same day the hiring manager called to set up an interview, after the interview it took quite a long time to hear back from them, about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UCLA?   1 Answer