UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.6

Senior LVN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA in September 2016.

Interview

First interview with 2 people one from hr and one rn. after 1 week received a call and scheduled me for a 2nd interview. Second interview after 2 weeks from first interview. Next, they called me to do live scan,physical exam and skill test. got called again to give me vaccines after 2 days. 3-4 days had passed they emailed me asking for 3 professional reference. after 3 working days they made verbal job offer through phone and emailed me a formal job offer by the end of the day! about 1 month process all in all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation they offered more than the starting rate!:)

Senior Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I first went through a phone interview. Then got an email asking for in person interview. First, I met with a manager and then other team members fellowed in the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

filled out a hard-copy application and delivered it to a manager at Bruin Café; heard back about eight months later; interviewed--basic questions about customer service, what recommendations I would give for additional menu items, etc.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

First step was an initial phone interview. Followed-up with an on-site interview. After the on-site, called back for a more extensive on-site that involved meeting several key personnel and having mini-interviews with each.

Interview Questions

• Besides the generic type of interview questions, I was asking several questions to "test" my computer knowledge. For example - an employee is traveling abroad for a conference and wants to take their laptop and phone with them. How do you handle this request?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some in regards to the salary.

Student Assistant YRL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was really easy! I was surprised at how nice my interviewer was (my supervisor) and even though she came thirty minutes late, she apologized and the interview went rather quick. Not difficult at all and I would recommend applying before the summer since I assume it is less competitive to get an interview. They basically told me their expectations they have from me and job duties.

Mentor Interview

Application

Interview

The job position required an in-person interview concerning on the job cases. These cases would often review how a mentor would approach and handle situations with multiple individuals involved.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a case in which two students refuse to cooperate with each other?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of interview 1st : behavior 2nd : behavior 3rd: technical. Interviewee was very kind and helpful however I had to use the program language I never had experience in

Interview Questions

• analyze the given dataset and make a presentation out of your finding   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

Interview

The manager was friendly and ushered me in to talk. There was some assessment of my team work ability and he asked about what hours I preferred. The were basically hardly any requirements. One just has to be agreeable.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, temperament and preferred timings.   Answer Question

Library Assistant II Interview

Interview

The interview was straightforward. It was a almost an informal panel interview, the interviewers were friendly and took turn asking questions of how my experience related to the position, and how familiar I was with their processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if one supervisor comes up to you and tells you do something, and then another supervisor later makes a different request?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

I was contacted by the department within a week of submitting an online application. She asked for a phone interview the same day (she emailed at 11am and asked to chat after 3pm).

The interview took 30 minutes. She went through a list of questions and it wasn't engaging at all.

I sent a thank you email the same day and heard back from her right away.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why are you leaving your current job? What's your weakness? What do you not like about your current position? Do you have any experience in ledger reconciliation? How well do you know Excel? How are you different than other candidates?   Answer Question