UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 31, 2017

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Apply online through the Departments website, then talk with the Professor who is teaching the course and explain your resume and related academic experience for a course which you want to TAing.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewers' asked me about my future goals in research and what I hope to get out of the position. Additionally, they were interested in my past experiences and asked me personality questions such as " Do you work best with groups or alone?"

New Grad RN Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA in May 2017.

Interview

Make sure you plan to arrive early (consider traffic). After checking in they handed me a paper with 2 short response questions that I had to complete before the interview. Interviewed with just the department nurse manager and another nurse. They were both very nice and after not answering a question the way I should've turned it into a learning experience where they suggested what a nurse should do. They give you a packet that also has a timeline of when they make decisions by and when you will hear back from them. They let everyone know if they were chosen or not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to get an order from a doctor who was being very unresponsive?   1 Answer

Clerical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about one month from beginning to end. I heard about the job opening from a friend who worked the same position and applied. I got an interview a few days later, and started working after all of the paperwork was processed.

Interview Questions

• What is your prior experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The application process was simple: Online application, set up interview time via email, interview on site. The interview itself was a traditional interview with three department members consisting of mostly behavioral questions. The question difficulties range from easy to moderate.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Just talk to all the faculty in the field. They decide whether your interests and their interests match and also whether you have the knowledge base they require for their lab.

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long. I had to do one phone interview. 2 in person interviews and a computer test. There's two orientations that are mandortory. But everything seems very promising and rewarding. Patiences is the key:

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter Ranch, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Porter Ranch, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied and the same day the hiring manager called to set up an interview, after the interview it took quite a long time to hear back from them, about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UCLA?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was highly enjoyable. They flew us out for a weekend in LA and put us up in a posh hotel and fed us very well. We saw presentations from current students and got to meet with a variety of PIs that we requested from a list. Each interview with the PI was informative and they were all very willing to discuss their work and provide insights into life and work at UCLA.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research experience   1 Answer

LVN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for a phone interview. Once screened then, I was booked for a in person interview with two of the hiring agents. I was sent an email, to bring the necessary items. I have the interview tomorrow and I am excited and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my role was, and how I deal with my co-workers.   Answer Question