UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.6

Title IX Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my materials and got a call a few months later. Then an interview was scheduled. I was told this may be the only interview (no multiple rounds), which sounded odd. They wouldn't fly me out so I interviewed by video. They required me to do a presentation and I felt at a disadvantage being on video, which I expressed prior to the interview. I found out a couple weeks later that I was a finalist, and references and a writing sample were requested. Several weeks went by. I asked for an update - twice. I was told a decision was imminent. I found out that evening I was not selected. I don't think they ever intended to hire me and wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't an internal candidate.

Full Time Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UCLA, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (UCLA, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

It was an individual interview with five of their employees and Took about and hour. This was my first ever interview in my professional field so I didn't know what to expect. The interviewers were very nice and the questions being asked were pretty general. In the last 15 mins they started asking me technical questions and they where not that hard either.

Interview Questions

• You said you have taken algorithm classes, tell me what you think the Big-O would be for this piece of code.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a first interview, then got a second. The second interview is to meet my boss' boss. Then afterwards I believe there's a skills test to see how proficient you are with microsoft office. i knew beforehand the process would take a while, but the wait is definitely worth it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UCLA.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called one week after submitting my online application for a phone interview. I received an invitation for an in person interview the next day. When I arrived to the interview I was given a computer task to complete. After I completed that task, an interviewer stepped in to show me a new task to complete. Finally I was taken to a conference room where I was interviewed for what felt like an eternity. The questions were endless and every question had a follow up question and another follow up question. I felt like I was interviewing for a government job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Took a long time. People are very nice and proud of the university. Seems to be plenty opportunity to move around and develop. Good benefits are offered. Company seems to appreciate employees with experience regardless of age.

Rersident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First you apply online in December. Then they get back to you in January and you do 2 group interviews over 2 weeks with 10 or so other candidates. You do projects where you design programs and talk about incidents. Lastly in early February, you'll do a round-robin style of interview where you spend 5 minutes each at 5 tables to talk about certain topics like Programming, Policy Enforcement. etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe the role of an RA, and your strength and weaknesses related to the position.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an in-person interview with 2 people. It lasted about half an hour. Pretty much all of the questions were behavioral ones. The next step was a coding data test. I completed the test and sent it in, but I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what kind of quantifiable research I'd done in the past.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

The process took two weeks, first interview was by phone second face to face. The questions were straight forward. The interviewers were really nice and overall interview went pretty smooth. Got hired right away and pretty excited to be working with great people!!

Director of Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA in January 2016.

Interview

About a month long process (pretty quick for a University process actually). The hiring manager was very informative and kept me updated throughout the entire process. I had a phone interview first followed by a Skype interview and then a third phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very reasonable. It's a University so there isn't a ton of room for negotiation but the benefits and offer are great.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply then got interviewed. I directly talked with the director of graduate study in the department of pharmacology and got accepted into the pharmacology program. The question I have is relatively simple and they have been nice to me on my application.