UCLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.6

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was approached for my involvement in a alumni group that a current employee was part of. Afterwards, I engaged in a very brief conversational phone interview regarding the scope of the position and was probed to see if I was interested. Afterwards, I met twice with my eventual supervisor to outline the specifics of the role and what my day-to-day mission would be.

Interview Questions

• How do you envision the program running on a day to day basis?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Talk with the professor, and discuss one some basic research projects that I did before. Also we discussed on some current popular research area. Furthermore, we discussed some papers I published before. We also have a lunch together, in which we discussed some possible projects to do in the future, and the professor introduced me the research, and the current group research projects.

Interview Questions

Interview

Asked the professor for a position after taking the class. He gave me the job starting the next quarter after I finished his class and I spent a while working with the post-doc student on various projects.You do have to already be a student at UCLA for it to work

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two professors during the first interview. This went really well as they were very personable and explained what the duties for the role involve. I received an invitation for a second interview about a week later as this was during thanksgiving. The second interview was really tough. I can definitely attribute my not getting the job to this interview but that is okay. The interviewer was very stern!

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals? How do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very quick at responding. The interview process was very seamless and efficient. She asked about my experience with working with others and problem solving. After being accepted, they have a day for training, and then you are expected to learn on the spot with different scenarios that tend to happen.

Interview Questions

Interview

I entered and was questioned about my skills and previous CS experience in college. I was then given an interview question to answer, and I talked my way through what I was thinking for the problem. I wasn't able to correctly answer the question, but they thought my process was good enough to give me an offer.

Resident Physician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

You submit your application through a national data-base. Most applicants do a sub-internship in their 4th year of medical school to gain an advantage in the hiring process. However, this is not a mandatory requirement. The actual interview involves multiple mini-interviews with different members of the department, including current residents, faculty and the program director.

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Statement of purpose, standardized exams, GRE, TOEFL scores, transcripts, strong academic profile, recommendation letters from faculty members, past research experience is a plus, no on-site or phone interviews, teaching experience is preferred for scientific positions. Definitely make sure to have open house campus visits and talk to the fellow graduate students to have a better idea on what to expect for the first few years

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

First is the phone screen, two person is interviewing. One is from the position related department, one is from the HR, asked about 8 questions. Typical interview questions and straight forward. Said will contact to have in-person interview within a week if the candidate is considerable. You have to know which position are you interviewing and the jobs duties. The process is within 30 mins.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes a long time. However, the employer from the Math Department that I had interview with was very rude and mean. Since I said good morning to her, she did not response and asked me to wait. Never smiling during the interview.