UCLA Resident Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCLA Resident Assistant Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

5 tables - each table had two questions about a particular topic (ex. self-awareness table, programming table, policy enforcement were a few). Make sure you know a lot about Core 5 and important standards of residential life.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you made a mistake and what you learned, what is most important in programming (challenges), etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UCLA

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with manager and was offered position within a week

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCLA.

Interview

ORL tries to make their interview process better every year, but usually it consists of a paper application, a class/group interview, and an individual interview. Everyone who's interested fills out an online application (paper application), and they select who will move on to the class. The class is advised by current Resident Directors and Assistants, and you talk about the RA role and you do group presentations. From this class, Resident Directors and RAs can get a better understanding of who the candidates are. Everyone who's taking the class gets an interview. During the interview, you go through a round robin interview process. There are usually five tables, and each table has a Resident Director and RA, and they ask you questions pertaining to different aspects of the Resident Assistant job. In the past years, the topics were programming, teamwork, community, policy enforcement, and self awareness. Everyone takes turns at each table, so you'll get a chance to answer questions for each topic.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCLA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

45-minutes round robin structure. 10 questions and 5 topics with 2 questions for each topic. Each of the 5 table has 2 interviewers. The interviewees have 5 minutes to answer 2 questions and then proceed to the next table after the 5 minute mark. Afterwards, interviewees debrief with a staff member on the experience and learn more about the next steps.