UCS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCS Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UCS.

Interview

Two-step interview: First *phone* interview (recruiter) was more informal with the purpose of learning about the candidate personally, initial judgement of fit-to-team/manager; Second *phone* interview (project manager, program lead) was a formal professional exploration of candidate's related experience, temperament in directly relate-able circumstances, goals and future development, etc.

Interview Questions

• List 3 personal/professional qualities that make you a strong candidate for this position and provide real-life examples of each.   Answer Question

Clinical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCS.

Interview

Simple. After a brief call from HR, I was contacted by the project manager, who asked a few general questions to gauge my interest. Then an interview was set up with the client.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UCS (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I met with a panel of four people: vice president, program manager, senior dev, junior dev. The interview lasted about an hour, and only screened for a culture fit as they didn't ask any technical questions. Afterwards, I talked to the HR person about possible start dates.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well on a team?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UCS (Fairfax, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through school job site and received a call from an HR person in a few day. A 15-min phone call led to a an in person interview with the following faculty: two software developers, a program manager, and the EVP of the company. They asked primarily behavioral questions and questions about the contents of your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UCS (Arlington, VA) in July 2011.

Interview

One interview with Project Manager. I was recruited from an outside company from out of state. The Project Manager had me in to the office for two interviews total. The offices were not that great but it was in a good location. It turned out that the building facilities were amazing!

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions that depend on the culture of the client.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCS (Fairfax, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Senior Unix Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UCS (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel asked an areay of Technical and personality questions. Both team leader and senior management was present. Hr manager did require checks to be made. Customer knowledgeable was a plus.

Interview Questions

• Panel asked an areay of Technical and personality questions   1 Answer

UCS Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for posting, however, we don't have an office in South Africa. It looks like you interviewed with UCS Solutions.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UCS in August 2008.

Interview

The phone interview consisted of talking with a couple of members of the on-site team. Questions mostly dealt with past experience and did not get terribly deep technically. Asked basic experience questions (what technologies have I worked with, etc.). Was then brought in for an in-person where I had a three-part in-person interview with the team, the program director, and the agency director. These took a total of about six hours. Within 7-10 days of the in-person, I was offered the position (including relocation package).

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you deal with a difficult client.   1 Answer
    • Tell us how you deal with ambiguous expectations and job role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty positive, but assertive. Be prepared. Do your homework and be able to justify what you want. I used cost of living calculators and salary data for the type of position I was applying for to get what I wanted (which I did).