UCSD Moores Cancer Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCSD Moores Cancer Center Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.8

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by email for phone interview. 1 week later was asked to come for in person interview. Panel of 5 people, asking very similar questions to phone interview, all relatively nice.

Interview Questions

• What tools do you use to plan/schedule for future events?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience when I first walked in. I wasn't the least bit nervous but always nice to be welcomed with a smile. Being a social butterfly myself, it was quite comforting. My interview went very well. Waiting for labwork and background check to be completed. I'm grateful for being given this GREAT opportunity. Especially hearing how hard it is to get in at UCSD. A HUGE Thank You to ALL whom prayed for me.

Clinical Data Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a response in 2 weeks Got an email to set up a interview within a week. Ask personality questions along with simple skill questions. Review of benefits and salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Ask about skills in excel, ability to communicate with people on phone, in person, and email, ask about flexibility of schedule. Ask about strengths and weaknesses. Asked about some skills in SAS.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and then called in for in person interviews while tested on my communiation skills and writing skills. I was tested on my verbal skills and asked how I would handle certain situations with clients.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my pay

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Interview

Worked there as an undgrad student, so interview was minimal and looked at grades and classes taken so far.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (La Jolla, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Tedious. The interviewer decided half way through to have lunch had to wait to continue my interview for half an hour because she had to keep a promise to a colleague

Interview Questions

• Could you please give an example of when caregiving is detrimental to the patients well being. Give three examples.   Answer Question

Unprofessional

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (San Diego, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1- I applied through website, and I got an email two days later to set up a time for phone interview.
    2- After phone interview, I got an email to have an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the internship position?
      What's you plan after graduation?
      1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (La Jolla, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

First, I received an e-mail regarding the lab position. After replying that I was interested, an initial interview was set up through e-mail. This correspondence was between me and the project manager, whom I would end up working with/for. The first interview was about 20 minutes long with general questions pertaining to my resume. For example, he asked me to elaborate on some of my experiences and also asked me questions you would expect, such as "describe to me an experience where you had to take on a leadership role". After the interview was finished, he told me he would contact me in a couple of days. Eventually, I received another e-mail and set up a second appointment. I went thinking that I was going in for a second interview, but had ended up discussing the job functions and focus of research, and ultimately got the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question pertained to the focus of research that I would be working on. The question was to describe what I knew about nanoparticles and drug delivery.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, because this was an internship position, I was not in a position to negotiate my pay.

Staff Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center (La Jolla, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I came in for a 1.5-hour interview (30 minutes with 3 different people) I met each person individually, in the same conference room. Each person was very friendly and had questions to ask me that were relevant to the job. I was able to answer the questions well, and they were impressed enough with me to call me in for a second interview. The second interview was very much like the first, only I spoke with two of the same people from the first interview instead of all three of the previous interviewers. They were again impressed, and I believe I would have gotten the job offer, however I suspect that one of my references said something negative as they ended up choosing another candidate after speaking with him. I have since removed him from my reference list.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team that we are in need of?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCSD Moores Cancer Center in January 2012.

Interview

I got an email from my professor and went to met her for an informal interview.