UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with an over the phone interview. I had two follow up in-person interviews, and I had been called to continue the final interview would have been with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a team? How do you prioritize tasks? Give an example of a adverse situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks to a month later. Did a phone screening interview and was offered to come in for a 1-1 interview. I am currently waiting to do my 1-1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with two supervisors, and they both asked me standard interview and behavorial questions. About a week later, i met with the manager who asked me similar questions. Now i am awaiting a response it has been 1-2 months.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

The process took a while, but HR was very helpful. The interview was great, I was asked numerous questions about my qualifications and experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate if possible. It will not hurt you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview and we agreed to speak at 2 p.m. that day. The woman interviewing me said they chose 10 people for a phone interview from 400 applications and would narrow it down to 3 finalists. She asked "What kind of environment do you thrive in?" I said "I thrive everywhere I go" which did not satisfy her. She then asked, "What kind of people do you work well with" and I said that I don't have pre-determined ideas about who I can work with or who I can't...that I take people as they are. She said that she just wants to make sure the person they hire will work well with the various personalities there. So I said that is a hard thing to judge in a phone interview. So she then asked what is my work philosophy. I said I wasn't sure I understood what she meant by that. She repeated the question and so I told her about a poem I read recently about work, about hands, heart and mind all working in unity....and that I put my heart into every job I do. She asked if I had questions and I asked what she was looking for in the phone interview that would lead her to choose the finalists and she said she that just by talking to people, she could get a "feel" for who were the best candidates (totally subjective I thought). So she wrapped things up and I said well am I going to be one of the finalists? She said she didn't know, that she had to talk to the others first and I should wait. I asked her what she thought my chances were and she was noncommittal and offered no reassurance which made it obvious that I would not hear from her again.