UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2017

3.1

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was referred in by a physician who was the PI for a study. The whole team is extremely nice and the on-boarding was thorough. Your clinical knowledge doesn't need to be up to speed because you will be trained by the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this role?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in September 2017.

Interview

It took almost a month after I applied online before they called me for a phone interview. Interviewed with the unit director then a panel interview. Experience mostly positive. All behavioral questions and role play at the end. What is weird is I thought I will get an offer at least somehow that was the impression I got. But after a week Manager emailed me that she couldn't make an offer due to skills and experience.

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me and had a phone interview. Went on a panel interview onsite. Not thorough from recruiter to the individuals conducting the interview. There was never a follow up from anyone. Very surprising of UCSF to have a poor recruiting process.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward; however, each step takes quite a bit of time. First, I received a screening email from a recruiter, the nurse manager called to setup interview, skillsurvey reference check from five references, job offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at UCSF, how did you handle a difficult situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening with a supervisor. I was then asked to come to the hospital to interview. The interview itself was extensive, and lengthy. Mostly dealing with questions that have to do with your personality type interacting with other team members, supervisors, and patients. Also there were questions about how you handled very difficult situations during your times of employment in the past. After the interview you're asked to job shadow for an hour or so to get the feel of the job a bit and be able to talk to some of the working techs and see how they feel about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you are in a compromising position and you didn't tell your supervisor…   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with an over the phone interview. I had two follow up in-person interviews, and I had been called to continue the final interview would have been with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a team? How do you prioritize tasks? Give an example of a adverse situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 2.5 months from time of applying to the actual job offer. Phone interview first, followed by interview with immediate supervisor, and then a final interview with the manager from the clinical side.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other candidates? Describe a difficult situation that you have faced and what steps did you take to resolve?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Began with two phone interviews then two in-person interviews. Whole process took about 3 weeks. Great overall experience; I felt informed and respected throughout the whole process. An additional plus, for me, was the somewhat casual interviewing style. I did not feel intimidated and each interaction was warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers describe as your biggest strength, biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview, followed by a panel interview, and finally faculty interview. Process took a long time from the date of application until the final interview, approximately two months. Interviews escalated in difficulty from the phone interview until the faculty interview. Interview questions focused mainly on prioritization and organization/management. Not many personality based questions or "getting to know you" questions.

Per Diem Ambulatory Surgery Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

three person panel interview, read behavioral type interview questions off a sheet and circled on the sheet according to my responses. they wanted a scenario and an example from practice; somewhat cold process, felt i couldn't connect with them, as they just read behavioral questions off a sheet and circled/wrote comments based on my answers. Also did a role play at the end, where they presented a scenario and then i had to pretend i was the nurse and one of the interviewers was the patient.

Interview Questions

• were you ever faced with a conflict with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question