UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2018

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 2.5 months from time of applying to the actual job offer. Phone interview first, followed by interview with immediate supervisor, and then a final interview with the manager from the clinical side.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other candidates? Describe a difficult situation that you have faced and what steps did you take to resolve?   1 Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant. Took about a couple weeks go get invited for in person interview. In person consisted of a panel of knowledgable managers. Took about 1 month after panel to receive call back

Interview Questions

• What are important qualities to describe a good team member?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was referred in by a physician who was the PI for a study. The whole team is extremely nice and the on-boarding was thorough. Your clinical knowledge doesn't need to be up to speed because you will be trained by the team.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about this role?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

They asked the stupidest questions, for example they ask you things like "what was your biggest mistake," as though you're going to tell the truth or as though it's relevant to the position. They also ask questions that are literally unanswerable because they do not tell you the extent of your authority.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest mistake   Answer Question
    • If a patient grabbed a burrito out of the hands of a visitor then took a bite out of it, what would you do?   1 Answer

The position was nothing like the description and after further learning about it I lost interest

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through UCSF career website. It took about three weeks for an initial phone interview. After a week, I was selected for an on-site interview with the professor (pediatric liver disease) and another CRC. I was the first person. During the interview, people were really friendly. They didn't ask any hard questions. However, the hiring process is very slow. I waited about 6 weeks for their decision.

Interview Questions

• What's your care goal?
      Did you have experience working with children?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Began with two phone interviews then two in-person interviews. Whole process took about 3 weeks. Great overall experience; I felt informed and respected throughout the whole process. An additional plus, for me, was the somewhat casual interviewing style. I did not feel intimidated and each interaction was warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers describe as your biggest strength, biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then personal interview a couple of days after. The interview process was fairly simple. The difficult part was the waiting game after due to HR. Seriously, HR is the worst and negotiating salary, etc. is difficult. They offered me a salary lower than my previous employee, UCLA. It's hard to imagine because the Bay Area is more expensive compared to most of the Los Angeles Area but it happened. UCSF is not very equitable.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

come in and chat. they asked questions about past experience and my resume. What i was doing before this and how it could help me in a different role. They asked about my education and what i want to do with it

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview, followed by a panel interview, and finally faculty interview. Process took a long time from the date of application until the final interview, approximately two months. Interviews escalated in difficulty from the phone interview until the faculty interview. Interview questions focused mainly on prioritization and organization/management. Not many personality based questions or "getting to know you" questions.

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email by the hiring manager about 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview/screening for the follow week. Did well on the phone and was offered an in-person interview the same day by email for the following week. Went to the interview and met with the manager and it went very well. I was told at the end of the interview that they would like me to come back and meet with others in the department soon and that they would contact HR to do reference checks. I barely got out of the parking lot before I got an email from HR for references (a good sign I thought). A few days later I got an email with a schedule to meet the others, which was scheduled about two weeks after my first in-person interview. Went through the second day of interviewing with 4 other people and was told that they would be in contact with me soon.

Waited for 2 weeks and didn't hear anything so I sent an email to follow up. I was told that a decision had not been made yet and that they would be in contact with me soon. After 4 more weeks I still had not heard anything back and had given up on the position at that point. Its too bad because I had a lot of relevant experience and the ability to help them make much needed changes. The people were really nice during the interviews and I didn't feel like they were trying to trip me up on any questions. They seemed really interested in getting to know me more than just asking standard interview questions, which of course there were a few. I really got the impression that I was going to get the job. I spent $650 in travel expenses and 4 days traveling to and from San Francisco so the least that could have done was email me with a follow up and not left me in limbo for so long. I also wish that if they were not serious about offering me the position that they would have not wasted my reference's time by asking for references before making an offer. I only want to ask my references (all 5 required by UCSF) to spend time on helping me when an offer has been made or is in the works. If this were a high level position I would have understood that practice more so than for this position.

I have been on a couple interviews with UCSF now and they really like to know what your salary requirements are and don't back down without an answer. I really find this odd but I guess it the norm in California because it has come up in every interview I have been. I don't think this is a question that should be asked during an interview with a company that posts their salary ranges. I wouldn't have applied if I wasn't willing to be paid inside that range. I recommend knowing the salary range offered and don't give your previous salary information. I am strongly against organizations basing your pay off of your previous job. You should be paid for your experience and what you can bring to that position. I recommend knowing the UCSF salary range and making the min-to-midpoint of the UCSF salary range as your salary range. Expect to only be offered 10-20 percent over the minimum salary.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about weakness, problem with a manager, problem with a co-worker and how I overcame all of those.   Answer Question