UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with an over the phone interview. I had two follow up in-person interviews, and I had been called to continue the final interview would have been with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a team? How do you prioritize tasks? Give an example of a adverse situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Began with two phone interviews then two in-person interviews. Whole process took about 3 weeks. Great overall experience; I felt informed and respected throughout the whole process. An additional plus, for me, was the somewhat casual interviewing style. I did not feel intimidated and each interaction was warm and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers describe as your biggest strength, biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, starting with a phone interview, followed by a panel interview, and finally faculty interview. Process took a long time from the date of application until the final interview, approximately two months. Interviews escalated in difficulty from the phone interview until the faculty interview. Interview questions focused mainly on prioritization and organization/management. Not many personality based questions or "getting to know you" questions.

Per Diem Ambulatory Surgery Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

three person panel interview, read behavioral type interview questions off a sheet and circled on the sheet according to my responses. they wanted a scenario and an example from practice; somewhat cold process, felt i couldn't connect with them, as they just read behavioral questions off a sheet and circled/wrote comments based on my answers. Also did a role play at the end, where they presented a scenario and then i had to pretend i was the nurse and one of the interviewers was the patient.

Interview Questions

• were you ever faced with a conflict with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Opaque - seems there is a lack of communication between those involved in interviewing/hiring process. Unclear what next steps are, when decisions have been made. Never clearly rejected candidate but remained very vague - not helpful.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflicts with coworkers or patients?   Answer Question

Hospital Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They did a phone screening first, Then if they like you it will be a second interview personal with the nurse manager and the last is another interview with the lead and procedure manager with the tour at the workplace.

CRC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was a Skype/Phone interview. There were two people in the panel asking question. The interview took about one hour. The staff was friendly and explained the position in detail. The questions were mostly HR type.

Interview Questions

• What are some strategies that you will apply for better patient recruitment?   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, then was invited in for 4, half hour interviews with various people in the department. The first in-house interview was through the phone, and the remaining 3 were in-person. It took about 3 weeks after that to get my decision (given through e-mail).

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you experienced conflict with a coworker or boss.   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse II Interview

Application

Interview

Panel interview including management and current staff. Applied online. Received an invitation for interview within one week. Phone interview was great and manager was very pleasant. Panel was professional and are serious about potential coworkers.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was pleasant. Took about a couple weeks go get invited for in person interview. In person consisted of a panel of knowledgable managers. Took about 1 month after panel to receive call back

Interview Questions

• What are important qualities to describe a good team member?   Answer Question