KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 105 of over 105 interviews

Other3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Mar 2022

Interview

You will receive an email or a call from the supervisor for the specific position you're applying to. You will then have a video interview with another Patient Coordinator, the supervisor and the practice manager. If that goes well there's a final interview with one of the providers. They then need a minimum of 5 references, they use a site that has you send email and/or text requests to the 5+ references of your choice, they prefer professional over personal and require you to have at least 3 managers. You then will submit a background check. And that is as far as I have gone. Often times you're interviewing for a position that is already promised to another employee within the department or a recommended canidate but the managers are required to have a certain number of applicants and interviews, they will have you go through the process knowing they more than likely will not hire you. The 3rd party temp agency's managers (Covelo/Avispa) do not have any way to help you get a job within the UCSF system, the managers that choose you to temp for their department may tell the contract companies there is a chance for hire and when you arrive the managers often will say no, there are no open positions, you're here to fill in for everyone's staggered vacation time. It's very discouraging and tedious, mundane, repetitive work that feels very thankless, knowing that UCSF pays $30/hour for the role you're currently getting paid $19/hour because you're a contractor. AND the biggest catch, you're MORE EXPERIENCED BY MILES than the career UCSF employees that can barely say goodmorning because they're so miserable with their thankless position at a "top" hospital, maybe a little disappointed they sold their soul and happiness for a chance at "amazing" benefits.

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself. Why this position? What about the role appealed to you? What past job experiences make this role a good fit for you? Name a time where you had a difficult colleague to work with, how did you handle it? Do you have any questions about the position? Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Interview

Went through 3rd party recruiter. Two step interview. First one was screening interview through phone talking about the job and resume and then 30-45min zoom video interview. Process was quick and finish by 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Interview

Interview in person, was easy And we discuss my healthcare background and potential patient experience scenarios. They measured attitude to handle different cold and different patient care and health care scenarios

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Interview

- This was a panel interview - People present were the hiring manager and current employees from department - The types of interview questions asked were both clinical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Oct 2021

Interview

Interview was coordinated by my university. Lead SLP reached out to me via email and rescheduled an interview alongside another potential intern. Zoom interview by interprofessional team (ST, OT, PT). All interviewers have a copy of your CV. Interview process fairly straightforward during pandemic.

Interview Questions
  • What made you want to be a speech therapist? What are your 5 greatest strengths?

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Sep 2021

Interview

I had to meet with almost everyone on the team and each interviewer was very welcoming and friendly! All the interviews felt more like a conversation than a panel interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Aug 2021

Interview

Four series of panel interview. The initial interviews with management, physician group and current nurse educators went well-lots of engagement and discussion around upcoming projects and collaboration. The peer / staff interview was challenging. No structure during the interview. Staff are very dissatisfied. Not a lot of current staff commitment to process improvement project or supporting changes within the unit. Each interview lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions
  • What ways do you think you can promote inclusion in the workplace?

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview was about 40 minutes long, with 3 panelist, all managers of the unit I was interviewing for. They asked mostly behavioral questions and then two clinical questions. The hardest question for me was asking how I implemented joint commission standards.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a patient was reporting nausea and pain

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Four 30 minute panel interviews. Every candidate is asked the same questions so that the process is equitable for all. It’s a somewhat rigorous process but worth it in the end.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

Disorganized, unclear in overall process and timeline. No response initially and no way to check application status. Office was a bit disorganized with paperwork requirements. Turned me off to the whole BCH system

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Interviews

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Assistant and Registered Nurse rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Practice Coordinator and Clinical Research Coordinator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals takes an average of 36 days when considering 116 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Administrative Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Manager, Non-Nurse roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals according to 116 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 24.43%

IQ Intelligence Test: 2.71%

Personality Test: 1.81%

Other: 0.90%

RSS Feed</>Embed

Popular Careers with UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals? Share Your Experiences

UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Photos

+ Add Photo
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: The 600-bed Parnassus center set against the backdrop of our great city.
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: We're proud of our talented, knowledgeable and dedicated employees.
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: UCSF Benioff and Children's Oakland Unite!
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: UCSF Mission Bay
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: UCSF genentech hall
UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals photo of: Mission Bay