UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Manager, Non-Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

Manager, Non-Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals.

Interview

Crazy process. Responded to a posting on LinkedIn within 2 days of it being posted. It literally read like my current job description and felt like a completely natural fit. I was very excited and waited to hear. And waited and waited and waited. Finally more than a month later, I got a call from the recruiter to set-up a phone interview. We set up a phone interview for a few days later but she didn't call until 30 minutes after our scheduled time. We rescheduled and had the interview. She read through the bullets of the job description and turned them into questions. Interesting approach. At the end, she informed me I was very late in the process and that there were already two people in the reference stage, but she would try to get me in to the Director, but we had to move very fast. This puzzled me because I had applied, at this point, almost 6 weeks earlier immediately after it was posted on the recruitment site. But no matter, I told her I would be quickly available for further interviews and would wait to hear from her.

At any rate, I was thrilled to be moving on in the process! Many days went by again and I heard nothing. Finally, I sent an email to ask about the status. I received a response that an offer had gone to one of the other two I mentioned above and they had accepted. I was incredibly disappointed and sad that I missed out on such a perfect opportunity.

A few weeks later, I found a old work colleague was working in the same office. I decided to reach out and see if maybe any other opportunities would be coming up and get the inside track. I told of my experience and learned some interesting facts about the job I applied for. Yes, there had been two people considered for the position. Both were internal candidates and neither got it because it was deleted and the responsibilities were distributed among others. Oh, and this happened a full month before I even interviewed, right about the time it was posted on LinkedIn!

So, in short, there was never a job available! I cannot even begin to imagine why it was posted on LinkedIn and why I was lead through a process that was never going anywhere. Seems kind of cruel indeed!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The process started with me first talking over the phone with a partner of theirs. Once approved they then set me up with a panel of 6 interviews, 3 of them couldn't even make it to the building and had to be done via the phone. Once then, they asked me to come back and meet with more people several weeks later. They knew that I had a deadline and provided no feedback or contact even though I tried emailing and calling both HR and the Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Initial phone and e-mail contact.
    Interview with Director and 2 other managers separately
    Another interview was canceled by the manager.
    Background and extensive reference check
    Very lengthy process before offer
    Slow HR dept.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding personal time I took off between past jobs   1 Answer
    • Did I feel capable of handling the position   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave my minimum requirement and they offered more. Quick/Easy.